ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2 day detail

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Well after ordering loads of new detailing stuff, and with a sunny weekend forcasted i decided to try them out and do a full defect removal of my lil clio 1.poo!
Products used:
DSC00733.gif

Which were sifted out and sorted from this:
DSC00562.gif

CIMG1319.gif

:dead::dead:

Here is what the car looked like before the detail began:
CIMG1297.gif

CIMG1298.gif

CIMG1299.gif

CIMG1300.gif

Right... I first got the snowfoam out :
DSC00736.gif

Left it to dwell for about 5-10 mins while i got some megs APC with foaming head on the wheels and all plastics (strong concentration) then agitated with various brushes! Quiet impressed to say its not a dedicated wheel cleaner and they came up great after abit of persuasion!

Jet washed off the snowfoam and washed using the two bucket method then clayed using mild clay :)

CIMG1301.gif

CIMG1302.gif

CIMG1303.gif

CIMG1304.gif

I then dried it off using a drying towel i got from cleanyour car. have to say it was excellent. soaked up all the water on the car in the space of 5 mins. did what a chamonis takes 20 mins to do in 5!

Got bored after all the above and it was getting abit chilly so called it a day!
DAY 2

Any who onto the correction. I used a combo of menzerna intensive polish on a cutting pad using both spot bads and larger pads :) I found it to remove around 80% of defects which i was happy with so the car was done using this!
The plan is to wetsand out and then use a combination of wetsanding and menzerna powergloss for the more deeper RDS on the car... pictures:

Before:
CIMG1305.gif

After:
CIMG1306.gif

Before:
CIMG1310.gif

After:
CIMG1309.gif

(Please note i have not done the paint a the bottom of the picture just at the top. i couldn't get the camera at a good enough angle to catch the swirls so sorry :) )
I only managed to get these images showing the actual correction as i had no halogen lights, just a normal light and an LED swirl spotting pen light so as you can imagine, getting pictures was abit hit and miss so apologies for that!

The plan was to refine the whole polishing process with some menzerna final finish (the more abrashive one) but after seeing the final results i found it un neccesary and decided to just apply my sealents!
Sealents/wax chosen were:
Carlack nano
Collonite 428

Final results (apologies if they are abit jumbled and appear abit random!)

CIMG1317.gif

CIMG1315.gif

CIMG1312.gif

CIMG1314.gif

CIMG1316.gif

CIMG1318.gif

I cannot stress enough how GOOD the carlack and collonite combo is. gives a really dark, glossy luster and beads like mad!

THen i went on to do the interior and clean all the door shuts etc but no pictures so sorry!

Cheers,
Luke :cool:

120d M Sport
Well done matey, bought out a lovely gloss from the black:cool:

Credit to you aswell, I have a pretty decent array of detailing products but cannot be doing with anything more than a wash and dry in this cold atm:(

cars lookin gd ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
thanks for the comments guys.

dont think people apprechiate how much effort it takes to get it looking near perfect

www.renparts.co.uk
looks good! iv josh that u might be doing it for him if u still want to? says his paints kinda bubbling/tiny bit peely in a few places it that still ok?! pm me when you decide on prices etc

also you can wait til its a bit sunnier if you want! :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Kats - yeh i will do it whenn its a bit warmer :) and the bubbles etc aren't a problem but they will still be there when its finished. he will need to take it to a body shop to get that repaired! and thanks lol :)

www.renparts.co.uk
yer he said he will get it sorted when he gets a min, im assuming if he gets it sprayed then will have 2 wait a bit longer? doubt he'll get round to it tho so not to worry

when its warmer.. il see you in june then? haha soz 4 hijacking ur thread!

120d M Sport
I know how much effort it takes! Hence why I cant be bother to do mine atm:rasp:

looks really glossy though that, can see where the works gone.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Two days cleaning a car, you're insane!! Looks very erm clean though!
Yeh but that two days work will last me months. swirl free and waxed up. it will look like that every time i clean it for about 3 months, then all il need to do is build up some more layers of wax to maintain the finish

wont need a machine polish while next year now... But itsgoing in april for something abit quicker!:eek:

thanks alexbtw :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
that polish would look so much better on my car.. *hint* *hint* :D

looks good though mate! cant beat a clean black car.. just a shame it'll be ditched again tomorro...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
its been two days and its still the same.

addz il do yours soon mate but the vee dont fit in your garage does it iirc lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Tip top!!! I'm usually a SRP/EPG man, but have some Carlack and Collinite, might give it a go in the next month!

C

clvs2222

Looks good but i really wouldav hit it with the 2 final finish polishes to bring out the gloss as it looks abit flat.

How easy is the carlack on and off?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Carlack is very easy. I did try it last year, but only in patches. Super easy to buff off. Its like a polish and sealant in one product.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks good but i really wouldav hit it with the 2 final finish polishes to bring out the gloss as it looks abit flat.

How easy is the carlack on and off?

constructive critasizm and i was waiting for someone to say it hehe... yeh i agree i should have hit it with final finish but for one i wasn't really sure how to apply it... should i have just machined it on like roughly or the same as i applied the first polish as with the first one i was doing say 18"" square sections at a time to get good correction.

not really sure how to refine it properly if you get what i mean?
as for carlack as gaz says :)

Carlack is very easy. I did try it last year, but only in patches. Super easy to buff off. Its like a polish and sealant in one product.

incidently i got some of that carlack along with collinite 476 before christmas, i didnt think the combo lasted as long as i thought it would. Didnt like the fact carlack was pure solvent, so hedging my bets on jetseal topped with XXX for the summer.

Boosh if this isnt the first time youve used it, how did you find the durability?

C

clvs2222

The normal steps to applying polish is to work in steps. Hit it with PF with a medium pad (white sonus), then with the same pad with the FF and then with a soft finishing bad (red sonus) i split panels like doors into 2 sections, upper and lower, and large panels like the bonnet into 6 sections. What machine are you using and what method do you use?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Boosh if this isnt the first time youve used it, how did you find the durability?
Do you mean the collonite?

If so i find it REALLY good if you wet a sponge applicator pad. spreads really nice and buffs off very easily... its the first time iv used this combo on my own car so can't really comment on how long it lasts etc but il see! the wax gets topped up every week anyway so its not really a problem for me!

Titanium 182
Looks sweet dude ! like the red badge :)

Although I'm unsure about the silver numberplate surround thing ;)

The wheel arches ! did you forget them ?

btw I lol'd at "lol" on your wheel :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks sweet dude ! like the red badge :)

Although I'm unsure about the silver numberplate surround thing ;)

The wheel arches ! did you forget them ?

btw I lol'd at "lol" on your wheel :D

i couldn't be arsed to jack it up as i pcd the car at my birds house and it would mean carrying the jack in the boot etc. i did however give them a rough clean although the main aim was just the paintwork :D

Numberplate surrounding is going when i get some french plates!

marky iv done 2 but not done any pics of the 1st one i did :eek: improving though!!!

r8byb: i pcd the car did all that and at the end thought s**t. sills... so did some megs apc on them as i couldn't be arsed to wash it again hehe... will do all the nitty gritty bits at the weekend though!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The normal steps to applying polish is to work in steps. Hit it with PF with a medium pad (white sonus), then with the same pad with the FF and then with a soft finishing bad (red sonus) i split panels like doors into 2 sections, upper and lower, and large panels like the bonnet into 6 sections. What machine are you using and what method do you use?
sorry mate i dont quiet understand what PF is?
also why hit the door in 2 sections and the bonnet in 6 when the door is nearly as big as the bonnet?(not being arsey btw, genuine question!:) )

Erm im only using a dual action (g220) so as you know correction isn't as good as rotory but still very capable and its a good learning machine imo. not brave enough for rotary! lol!

does it make a difference then applying the same polish but just on different pads?

106 GTi
detailing world/Rich/middos man love

;)

Hi x

Nice work, IP by PC finishes down nicely, the FF may have given a touch more gloss but it doe not look flat by any means, when I am pushed for time I go straight from IP to Sealant.

Get some Werksatt Acyrlic to go between the Carlack and Collinite and you will have almost the ultimate durability.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nice matey, i would use some bumper gel also get rid of those wacky drums!!

Pc'ing takes ages and hurts your back!! But results speak for themselves

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice matey, i would use some bumper gel also get rid of those wacky drums!!

Pc'ing takes ages and hurts your back!! But results speak for themselves
ding dinng ding hence why i gave up after the intensive polish haha...

The car came with blue drums and never got round to changing them. It going in april anyway for a 182 so i dont really see the point in messing around with it anymore. just going to get it looking mint!

Rich- Thanks il take a look at that werksatt stuff and also thanks for all your help you gave me via pm a bit back muchos apprechiated mate :)