ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2008 Clio Dynamique SX, Finally Finished!!

Megane 225
Well, after quite a few months of buggering about in the freezing cold and soaking wet with only a car cover propped up with a ladder to keep the rain off:dapprove:

Anyway standard it is a 2008 Dynamique SX with the bodykit as standard.

Exterior Modifications are:

Angel tuning remap
Forge motorsport dump valve
ITG panel filter
Lowered 35mm
25mm FK Spacers
Body colour side, front and rear bump strips
New rear light clusters
Clio 197 front grill
French style number plate
HID headlights and fog lights
"RenaultSport" Silver side bullets
Twin exit exhaust

Interior modifications are:

Panasonic CQVD7005 in dash DVD player
Body coloured dash strips and heater vents
"RenaultSport" Recaro interior
Full boot install with 2 Kenwood amps and Kenwood Sub
Crystal interior speakers
Blue glow footwell and speaker covers, and one in centre lights

Anyway, heres the pictures!

Before:

1DSC00196.jpg

1DSC00197.jpg

1DSC00192.jpg

And the finished product:

f325df09.jpg

9b3519a7.jpg

8d872a4c.jpg

IMG00075-20100308-1247.jpg

304d9978.jpg

f7ac7ef5.jpg

e91277fc.jpg

c563df12.jpg

ce921b70.jpg

P1000323.jpg

P1000325.jpg

P1000314.jpg

P1000315.jpg

b2ac81f7.jpg

P1000280.jpg

P1000281.jpg

P1000283.jpg

P1000287.jpg

P1000288.jpg

P1000268.jpg

P1000263.jpg

Anyways, im done with changing things now, only got to get a switch in to turn off the interior glow and thats it.

Cheers for looking!

I like it all apart from those pedals ruining the whole interior! That blue metal Halfords stuff is never good.

Never above 25mpg
I like it all apart from those pedals ruining the whole interior! That blue metal Halfords stuff is never good.

Thought they were these upside down:
4ad6f0aee2558_101227n.jpg

I really like it aside from the colour coded vents, the blue "footwell and sub lighting" , the pedals and the dvd player!

Looks mint apart from that :approve:

Megane 225
Took alot of time and effort but we got there in the end.
:cheers:

aye! no quite finished and hopefully the battery charge will stay up this time eh?

the pedals will soon be painted the same colour as the dash strips but i cant be arsed the now.

I really like it aside from the colour coded vents, the blue "footwell and sub lighting" , the pedals and the dvd player!

Looks mint apart from that :approve:

the dvd player folds away when not needing the screen, and soon will have a switch to control all the lights.

Looks nice but seems a waste of money if you ask me.

how rude! wherever possible it was built and not bought so the interior was all done by DJ_Ben_DJB and myself at a cost of nothing, the boot build was some wood, carpet and perspex from homobase where ben works and the interior was mostly installed by us too. Costs being kept to a minimum! just got to but that fat bugger a pizza :rasp:

good work. ditch the pedal though..

cheers mate, pedals will be worked on when i can be arsed.

LY R26
very nice looking car.

do like the rear lights.

how is it with the remap?

i would deffo lose the pedals tho, would the 197 metal pedals fit? theyre much nicer

Darren

Megane 225
Should keep their opinion to themselves then, as per rules! ;)

every opinions a good one, even if it is a negative one;)

bit too much led action for my taste but outside/seats look well......

leds will have a switch soon, just to satisfy the ned inside me they were for.

looks good

cheers mun! still got the pic of your car on my phone like!

very nice looking car.

do like the rear lights.

how is it with the remap?

i would deffo lose the pedals tho, would the 197 metal pedals fit? theyre much nicer

Darren

the remap is helpful when overtaking, gonna be painting the pedals so not writing them off yet, think they could look very special soon. The rear lights are very good, didnt expect them to be that good when i ordered them, but the guy said if i didnt like them i could send them back, nice guy! (rudimods)

Just read through your other project log too and this is a real inspiration to me, very similar to what I want mine to look like in the end!

Very well done mate

Megane 225
Just read through your other project log too and this is a real inspiration to me, very similar to what I want mine to look like in the end!

Very well done mate

Excellent! Thanks very much mate! Took a while but worth it. Make sure and get some pictures up of your car and a progress thread an all so can see how it ends up.

Cheers

Megane 225
No been doing much to the car recently. But i have noticed an alarming knocking noise from the rear brakes and sometimes from the front wheels when turning corners. Any suggestions to what this might be? And also i have buckled an alloy! pain in the arse!

Megane 225
Probably the last things to be done: Recaro fixed,

2ffe6fcc.gif

and switch installed in boot to control the interior glow lights:)

f43c7317.gif

Done me thinks:)

Megane 225
cheers mate, no gonna change the wheels, cant find any i really like and i do like the standard design. its lowered 35mm, did think about coils but could justify the price.

clio mk3 facelift
Really nice car there!! how did u change your dials? Where did u get them? Want to do that with mines Looks great!!

Last edited:
  Megane 225
dials basically did at home with a tiny soldering iron and hundreds of SMDs from rapidonline.com. the electic window ones were just LED bulbs that were soldered on:) footwells were just a strip of blue smds that are powered from the boot, hence the switch:) hard work but looks good at night

Megane 225
Ok another slight mod:) Underbody leds! switch for them inside now in the centre console so easy to switch on an off.

P1000361.jpg

P1000366.jpg

P1000368.jpg

P1000370.jpg

P1000373.jpg

Megane 225
Haha! very good! aye had a massive roll of leds so thought might as well. Pain in the arse to do but looks ok, just keep em off while driving!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Haha! very good! aye had a massive roll of leds so thought might as well.

I admire your pioneering spirit. I'd like to see what you'd do if I left a can of petrol and some matches next to the LEDs;).

If you're happy with it, fair enough. Not my cup of tea, can't see the need/benefit. Does (to my eyes) look a bit max power, which is a shame as the seats/dials look very good.

How long did it take to do all the interior lights blue? Something I'd like to have a go at, but I'd **** something up and run out of patience halfway through.

Megane 225
not set them on fire:rasp: there isnt really any need or benefit to it i dont think. took ages! was an absolute ball ache to do cause they are all tiny little smd things. seats were easy and have been taken out an in on a few ocassions for wire runs!

Megane 225
Hehe! was expecting haters:) they are just there for s***s and giggles like. no serving a purpose really. just want this car to be different and add the personal touch so there def wont be another like it! and before anyone says "oh theres no need to worry looking like that" might i just invite you to bugger off :rasp:

Megane 225
And gave it a clean so pictures of the finished product, complete with freshly resprayed side strips and front spoiler!
540dfd5f.jpg

40f911e7.jpg

5e605924.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
Love the car mate. I like the outside, just nice and clean/simple, then the inside is like a different car. Love the contrast of it from day to night time pictures too!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Nice in those pics. Ruined as soon as you turn the LEDs on. Remove them, less weight. More speed.

Megane 225
Really three threads ???!!

Yeah, one progress and others finished

Love the car mate. I like the outside, just nice and clean/simple, then the inside is like a different car. Love the contrast of it from day to night time pictures too!!

I like the inside! comfy recaros and nice screen

Nice in those pics. Ruined as soon as you turn the LEDs on. Remove them, less weight. More speed.

leds hardly weigh anything! just having all the options open