ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Artic 182

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
This was posted in Media so have replicated here so I can keep it up to date and add to my profile (#geek)
I picked this up in early 2015 from Mark123 on here, after I squished my previous Arctic in quite dramatic circumstance
Despite the high mileage, It ran a healthy 181 bhp at a Surrey RR day, and apart from an iffy gearbox noise she was running well and had been looked after nicely.
As she was purchased:
Side1.jpg

Apart from a Ramair filter and some Spray shack bullets and dash trims I kept it fairly standard - for first few months.

Picked up a set of 15" TD ProRace 1.2s and stuck some sticky tyres on for its first track outing at CSS Blyton. Also swapped the standard steering wheel for a Momo item, (with custom cruise button brackets), and added some harnesses.

Clio182BlytonPitEntry.jpg

Dash.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Sadly the faulty gearbox gave up half way thru the day, but is now all replaced and with some extras inc, flocked dash, Gaz Coilovers, solid top mounts, strutbrace were also added.

3Qtr1.jpg

SideFlush.jpg

FrontQtrLow2.jpg

Engine.jpg

Clio Williams
Off course not, if you have accident they slide down sideways and strike your head on the board or steering wheel.

Off course not, if you have accident they slide down sideways and strike your head on the board or steering wheel.
Thought as much, bet the mounting angle is unsafe too, and the seats aren't supposed to be used with harnesses. I would not want to be in this car in a crash

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Moving on from the Harness Police....
Rolling road session a few weeks after I bought her showed a healthy 181 bhp. With Decat and air filter I would like to think that has increased slightly.

BHPandTOR.jpg

Some shots from Thruxton (sadly the resident photographer wants an arm and leg for the originals which I usually purchase when priced reasonably.)

Clio182ThruxtonCambell1.jpg

Clio182ThruxtonClub1.jpg

Clio182ThruxtonClub2.jpg

And then some from Silverstone in November.

Clio182SilverstoneClub1.jpg

Clio182SilverstoneSide.jpg

Clio182SilverstoneLuffield.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Some pics of my mobile dash display.
I bought a 99p cover/case with a plastic back and rubber surround. Screwed the plastic back to the old clock frame and ran a charging cable behind the dash.

MobileDashDisplay1.jpg

In the background you can see the 10hz Qstarz GPS receiver, this makes such a massive difference to GPS accuracy.

MobileDashDisplay2.jpg

Running Race Chrono (with in-app purchased Bluetooth functions for a few quid).

MobileDashDisplayRaceChrono1.jpg

MobileDashDisplayRaceChrono3.jpg

OBD2 reader is hidden below a trimmed ashtray

MobileDashBlueTooth.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Another update:
I did my first trackday of the year at Brandshatch about 4 weeks ago, will get some pics and vids up when i've uploaded them.
The sound test revealed the Janspeed/Ktec was getting a little loud (94db), which also indicates the guys at Thruxton last year may have been generous as they said it was 89db (just under the 90 required!)
This lead to the choice to snap up one of the clearance RS192 that came up recently.

Sounds a lot quieter, but also much deeper. Not sure if it will 'settle/bed' in and increase or decrease in noise but for now it's much quieter than the Janspeed.

Not 100% happy with the fit, had to use old exhaust mounts with no rubbers and cable ties. Using (half) decent mounts with rubber/holes bang in the centre it was a good inch out of alignment to the left).
Still ideally needs to be a little further right and little higher, but the left silencer is already close to touching boot floor.

20160215_131545[1].jpg

20160215_131534[1].jpg 20160215_131602[1].jpg

Last edited:
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I got my superfire2 plumbers lamp out and bent the exhaust arms to fit the standard hangers and rubbers.

I did the silicon new exhaust mounts trick for solid mounts and with the adjusted arms it's spot on..

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I got my superfire2 plumbers lamp out and bent the exhaust arms to fit the standard hangers and rubbers.
I did the silicon new exhaust mounts trick for solid mounts and with the adjusted arms it's spot on..
heat and silcone mounts are defo on agenda.
Sadly that wont solve the height as thats dictated by the backbox nearly touching the floor. Unless I get some Oxy on it and bend the bend that the tip is mounted to.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
heat and silcone mounts are defo on agenda.
Sadly that wont solve the height as thats dictated by the backbox nearly touching the floor. Unless I get some Oxy on it and bend the bend that the tip is mounted to.

There's is certainly some inconstancy in the bends.. If I had the exhaust tips dead straight level and flat to the bumper, the other end of the pipe would be inside the cabin.. A few degrees out, but you can't really notice unless I pointed it out..

It was a lot less than an a new oe, so I took it on the chin..