ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my BG 182 picture thread

cleaned the car and went for a spin at sunset near the vineyards
cliosunset-1.jpg

cliosunset-3.jpg

it's weird on this pic it almost looks like a Vee - maybe i'm just dreaming, sorry ;)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Car looks really fresh. Are you English but moved to France ?

took the miss for a ride
drome-01.jpg

could only get to the top of Mt Ventoux by night, was fun though (if you could get past foxes, hinds and wild boars)
drome-02.jpg

then headed further north for some amazing unknown roads, surprinsigly light traffic considering the time of the year
drome-03.jpg

the BG certainly didn't miss a beat
drome-04.jpg

drome-05.jpg

drome-06.jpg

amazing sceneries and we met some very nice people so all in all an excellent weekend !
drome-07.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi Harry,
Have you got a link to where you got the headlights from. Im thinking with the awesome exchange rate they might be cheap to buy from France.

edit- or if you have a minute or two can you help me locate some 172 black brand new xenons from france.

Last edited:
Hi Harry,
Have you got a link to where you got the headlights from. Im thinking with the awesome exchange rate they might be cheap to buy from France.
edit- or if you have a minute or two can you help me locate some 172 black brand new xenons from france.
seeing your post now, PM'ing the link

pimp mobile Zafira
The car is looking stunning mate. Really miss my BG. Unfortunately I'm stuck with a Pathfinder to lug the kids about in! Where abouts are the pics taken? Looks amazing. CS meet anyone.

The car is looking stunning mate. Really miss my BG. Unfortunately I'm stuck with a Pathfinder to lug the kids about in! Where abouts are the pics taken? Looks amazing. CS meet anyone.
thanks mate, your old one looked good too. As for the CS meet, you guys should really come to Provence one day !

Car looks fresh! Do you always keep on top with cleaning/waxing it or is it simply the camera :wink:?

Speaking of the camera, those shots are awesome, what are you using? All I use is an iPhone and everything looks terrible lol

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks for your help with the Xenon lights Harry, much appreciated !
Those roads look amazing.

Love going to France in my 182, all the clios in France especially the mk2's are always so beaten up looking and rough so it sort of shocks the locals when they see a fresh 182.

Car looks fresh! Do you always keep on top with cleaning/waxing it or is it simply the camera :wink:?
Speaking of the camera, those shots are awesome, what are you using? All I use is an iPhone and everything looks terrible lol
Thanks for your comment, I try to take pictures when the car's clean (every 3 weeks or so...) but sometimes it renders well even if it's not !
I use a D700 with some various lenses and a Sony RX100 (which is the cheapest way of making excellent pictures BTW).

Thanks for your help with the Xenon lights Harry, much appreciated !
Those roads look amazing.
Love going to France in my 182, all the clios in France especially the mk2's are always so beaten up looking and rough so it sort of shocks the locals when they see a fresh 182.
Did you get the lights mate ? happy to help anyway
I think the 182 is more popular in UK than in France where the 200 Cup is more raved about (saw a nice white one with Recaro's, white cage, sounded pretty good too but can't ignore the dull front), and yes I've seen some bad examples with possibly all the worst bits on it !

Another month, another trip.
This time in the France center (below Clermont-Ferrand), never been here before.
BG_auvergne-03.jpg

BG_auvergne-04.jpg

the Clio was sitting low...
BG_auvergne-01.jpg

...because of this !
BG_auvergne-02.jpg

unable to overtake any well driven diesel uphill without giving it the full revs :astonished:

couldn't resist this pic through the ruins
BG_auvergne-05.jpg

BG_auvergne-06.jpg

almost empty road that looked like a forest tarmac stage
BG_auvergne-07.jpg

view from the top before a long way down back home
BG_auvergne-08.jpg

Lately I went to check a Ford Puma 1.7 but nearly fell in love for this one
puma_quest-02.jpg

I took the highway on the way in but went back through Le Circuit du Castellet and la Sainte Baume (this is where evo mag went for the McLaren F1 & P1 test).
Had a fantastic drive, even locked up a front wheel on the way down, not sure the S3 would've been more fun.
clio_stebaume-02.jpg

You know you're on the right road when you see this
clio_stebaume-01.jpg

and a little bit of Clio posing for good measure
clio_stebaume-03.jpg

clio_stebaume-04.jpg

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Gorgeous car, gorgeous roads and fantastic photos............I want to go the France right now :grin: