ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Clio Campus Sport 1.2 16V

07 Campus Sport 1.2
Hey,
Will get some pictures up of it on thursday after a good clean. Had it 6 months and its still standard at the minute. Came with a few upgrades when it was bought new, all official renault options too:
Speakers in the parcel shelf, pretty immense ones at that, cant complain for manufacturer fitted ones
Non standard rear lights, look a bit like lexus lights as they are all clear, but much much nicer than lexus lights, never seen any on a clio before so must be a option that isnt chosen too often.

Plans for it:
Refurb alloys and change the colour, not sure what to yet, im thinking white but im not sure, any suggestions or pics to help me decide?
lower it, of course!
tint the rear windows
vinyl wrap some different bits, e.g. wing mirrors, fog light surrounds, grills, dash strips, center console, parts of the door cards. I have no idea what colour or effect to get them wrapped though, someone said a combination of light grey and dark grey carbo would look good, but black carbon would look silly as you wouldnt notice it, particularly on things like the fog light surrounds and grills, any input would be useful???

And obviously, rs front grills!

As i say, pics on thursday :)

great little car so far

BMW E82 M Sport
Renault speakers in the parcel shelf?? Didnt think any car's could roll out of the factory with these :S

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im guessing the rear lights will be the ones you can buy from renault

DSC00111.jpg

These lights?

07 Campus Sport 1.2
yupp that looks like them, and yupp, the parcel shelf speakers are on the spec sheet for the car, all properly built in with tweets etc, theyre pretty decent components, havent taken them apart to find out what brand yet though.

anyone got any ideas for the vinyl wrapping, i really dont know what colours/finishes would look good

07 Campus Sport 1.2
Well, i had intended to give the car a bit of clean this morning and get some decent pics taken but the weather wasnt on my side. tipping it down with rain when i woke up and about half an hour later it was snowing. managed to find a couple of pics from when me and the girlfriend went to devon on holiday earlier this year. car looks rubbish with the roof racks on. will get some better pictures when the weather brightens up..

b48cj8.jpg

311wayt.gif

plans for it so far...

tint the rear windows
white diamonds and badges
refurb alloys, powdercoat them white, love the standard alloys white
deck it, gotta be sensible though, if anyone has ever been to corby, northants, they'll know it speed bump town! its the town next to where FCS was held last year, most of you will probably know it
172 front bumper
possible carbon wrapped roof
carbon wrap mirrors
detail interior, e.g re colour all lights, dash, trim strips and centre console etc, im thinking a combination of white and carbon wrap might look good, bit of a contrast

then when insurance isnt such a bugger, live in an awful postcode zone, i'll re map, uprated exhaust, im thinking ktec, pretty much get as much power out of it as possible!

anyone local let me know, would be good to meet up with a fellow clio owner :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek i know its not my car but....

Just buy some coilovers and some really smart 15" wheels with low profile tyres. Then with the coilovers drop it so the arch gap is about 10mm will look perfect. oh and if it doesnt already have a spoiler a Dynamique spoiler would be a nice addition.

Dont Carbon wrap anything on it as its not as if its a quick car. Beleive me Very good impressions can come from cheap budget mods.

E.G.
Front lights... your's are grey try and find some MINT Ph2 Clio headlights which are black Massive difference. oh and some silvervisions for the indecators (removes the fryed egg look ;) )

A nice 3" round exhaust would look good on it aswell something not over the top loud just loudish when you give it full beans.

07 Campus Sport 1.2
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek i know its not my car but....

Just buy some coilovers and some really smart 15" wheels with low profile tyres. Then with the coilovers drop it so the arch gap is about 10mm will look perfect. oh and if it doesnt already have a spoiler a Dynamique spoiler would be a nice addition.

Dont Carbon wrap anything on it as its not as if its a quick car. Beleive me Very good impressions can come from cheap budget mods.

E.G.
Front lights... your's are grey try and find some MINT Ph2 Clio headlights which are black Massive difference. oh and some silvervisions for the indecators (removes the fryed egg look ;) )

A nice 3" round exhaust would look good on it aswell something not over the top loud just loudish when you give it full beans.

dont think i could safely drop it that much cuz of the roads round here, would scrape underneath every 2 seconds, honestly, theres speed bumps everywhere! its already got a spoiler which isnt too bad. i was thinking the xenon headlights from the other sports, they look pretty nice and theyre black too. i really like the look of the carbon wrapping though, especially on the interior, just gives it something different.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Seriously no it wouldnt scrape, just because the arch to tyre gap is 10mm doesnt mean its 10mm off the floor lol tell ya what...

Newplate1.jpg

Thats with no gap, mine has on 20mm(out of 100mm) left on the coilovers. That catches quite alot but soon as i go 10/15/20mm higher it doesnt catch, anyway the important stuff will never catch

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
dont think i could safely drop it that much cuz of the roads round here, would scrape underneath every 2 seconds, honestly, theres speed bumps everywhere! its already got a spoiler which isnt too bad. i was thinking the xenon headlights from the other sports, they look pretty nice and theyre black too. i really like the look of the carbon wrapping though, especially on the interior, just gives it something different.

Didnt read the rest sorry, yea xenons cool do it, the black lights look the best never understood renaults reason for changing them to grey on the later models as they look s**te.

As for trims you can do anything, ive done mine with floral wallpaper, playing cards and as they stand they are matte black so i have an all black interior. Tbh its not my car is it!

07 Campus Sport 1.2
Didnt read the rest sorry, yea xenons cool do it, the black lights look the best never understood renaults reason for changing them to grey on the later models as they look s**te.

As for trims you can do anything, ive done mine with floral wallpaper, playing cards and as they stand they are matte black so i have an all black interior. Tbh its not my car is it!

its not, but youre entitled to your opinion and i appreciate the feedback, im gonna have a play around with a few ideas first and see what i like best. aa for the lowering, the speed bumps have all just been re tarmacked, instead of properly relaying them theyve taken the bricks out from around the edges and covered them over with tarmac, its like hitting a brick wall driving over them lol id either have to hit them bang on or go one wheel on each bump to get over, but oh well, the things you live with for lows!

07 Campus Sport 1.2
Not a bad price for the rear shelf speakers considering a stealth shelf costs 100 squid.

yeah, quite the bargain, even better is, it came with it as the guy who bought the car brand new had it as an upgrade. The dealer were gonna throw it away the next day as they didnt think anyone would want it, if it wasnt for the fact that i drove past in my battered mk2 ph1 and fell in love with the thing, it would have been in the bin. certainly a worthwhile investment for someone who isnt too fussed about bass and just wants some sound from the rear! i guess you guys will get to hear it if i come to a meet :)