ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v Project

clio 1.2 16v dyna
Hello you!

Ive just recently passed my test at 21, and slaved all summer to get a car. I had my heart set on a clio and put 7 days a week in to ensure i had dollar for a decent model, and cash to make a start on modifying it.

So here it is!

My 02 plate Black 1.2 16v Dynamique. 57000 on the clock and picked it up for quite a good price for its condition.

clio 2.jpg
clio 3.jpg
clio 1.jpg

It came with a JVC cd player, a stubby ariel and a bad attitude.

IMG_3545.jpg

Then, after paying a kings ransom for insurance, pay day came, along with my CS members pack.

I decided to buy an RS Grille to start with, as I recon its probs the best mod to start with. So here it is now, with CS stickers and all.

clio 7.jpg
clio 5.jpg
clio 6.jpg
clio 4.jpg

Next mods;
- Deck it
- Colour code it all
- Induction kit
- Sports interior
- exhaust
- silvervisions
- Tints?
- Black alloys

Being a poor student type, may take a while to raise the funds needed.... Bring on that student loan!!

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Mick

Looks quite good that, and agreed with the comment above - the coilovers are immense for 178 quid (make sure you email him afterwards telling him you recently became a member of the cliosport club, and he will refund you 10%)

Have an RS grille on its way to me, so will look similar, however mine is slammed on its balls tehehe

clio mk2 1.6 16v
making a good start. looks nice and clean, i just ordered my rs grille, picking it up thursday :p and yeah get the coilovers because then you can change the hieght otherwise you will get lowering springs and want to go lower lol

clio 1.2 16v dyna
Gona give it a full service n get the cambelt changed first i think. Collies it is then! Not a clue how to fit them tho. Any advise? Should I just get my local garage to fit them? Cheers for the comments

If your kind of spanner savvy have a go.

Remove the old struts/springs everything all at the same time, then take the rubber bush off the top, and add it to your new stiffer suspension. Then fit.

Looks good when its low :D

clio mk2 1.6 16v
yeah mate coilovers really east to fit, i thought exactly the same shall i get garage to fit because i thought it would be a big thing but found it really easy had a bit of help with my dad at front but could of done it my self i think lol the back is soo easy the front take a little more time! :D

clio 1.2 16v dyna
Should be getting these next week then hopefully. Just had a service, cambelt, waterpump n shizzle done so now I can start with the properstuff. Mite just have to give it ago fitting them myself! Cheers for the comments.