ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Boring Bora

Renault 5 GT Turbo

My poor old Bora has been very neglected for the last 18-ish-months. I fell out of touch with it and nearly sold it for a cheap old Volvo.

A friend of mine done a cambelt change, all fluids, filters, driveshaft, CV... 4th subframe, the joys of running low.
I had new tyres fitted to the pretty wheels ready for when I got the car back.
It came back all fixed and then I broke it! Snapped a locating tab on a damper body being a bit enthusiastic with a hammer while lowering the car back down.
New coilovers fitted and a free day in the workshop today meant it could get the car looking nice again.
The process...
Washed down wit Auto Finesse Avalanche, Imperial, Lather.
Clayed (tar and fallout removed last week when I broke it),
Single stage machine polish,
ODK Eclipse wax,
Auto Finesse Crystal glass cleaner,
Gyeon Tire dressing,
Lots of rubbish removed.

Polishing,
Before

20160625_172447_zpsa2mdbefq.jpg

After

20160625_172829_zpsyrahtvro.jpg

20160625_174040_zpshhtrtl1r.jpg

A quick snap of the bootlid...

20160625_195920_zpsj8s1ludu.jpg

20160625_201025_zpsyfaswwje.jpg

20160625_201033_zpskyaqq3ng.jpg

20160625_201043_zpsibcgbmi1.jpg

This is what the ceiling looks like

20160625_201049_zpsllf9sh9z.jpg

All finished
20160625_201241_zpsrk4qzhqx.jpg

The front has settled down a little better now...

IMG_20160712_205302_zpsbactrkoz.jpg

I can't wait to get the Valve over for a bit of treatment.
Not much of a write up, but I thought I'd share it anyway :) any comments or questions welcome!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looks like a mirror in that 3rd pic, good work. Bet it's a bugger to keep clean.

Really like BBS' on Boras, sits nice. Do you use the roof rack or is it a scene thing?

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Looks like a mirror in that 3rd pic, good work. Bet it's a bugger to keep clean.

Really like BBS' on Boras, sits nice. Do you use the roof rack or is it a scene thing?

Thanks :) yeah, being solid black it shows everything! I'd say it stays looking clean for about 45 seconds before dust, pollen or bird bombs get to it.

Yeah, I use the roof rack :) I take my bikes around on it.

I actually really like that mate, top work :smile:

Cheers dude :) I gave the interior a spruce up last week so it's a lot nicer to drivable again now.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Thanks :smile: yeah, being solid black it shows everything! I'd say it stays looking clean for about 45 seconds before dust, pollen or bird bombs get to it.

Yeah, I use the roof rack :smile: I take my bikes around on it.

Only asked about the roof rack as I think it'd look cleaner without it but if you use it then at least it isn't just for show.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I run without it sometimes if I know I won't be out on my bike for a long while. I took it off for a while a few years back for Run To The Sun and it looked naked, haha.

c444addc-4dbf-4878-a4f2-1ce6e0c0beff_zps497c7998.jpg

It wasn't as low back then either.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I run without it sometimes if I know I won't be out on my bike for a long while. I took it off for a while a few years back for Run To The Sun and it looked naked, haha.

c444addc-4dbf-4878-a4f2-1ce6e0c0beff_zps497c7998.jpg

It wasn't as low back then either.

That looks even better!