ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 1.6 16v

mk4 golf gttdi180
hi all ive currently got my clio up for sale and over the past few days ive been contamplating weather i should sell if or not.

ive just recieved an email from a lady offering me 4000 as i have it advertised at 4100 on piston heads but yesterday i got my turinis all sorted out and the rubber put on and it looks realy realy nice (it wont go with the turinis ) but i can decide weather to let it go ? what you lot think i should do?

mk4 golf gttdi180
^ dont no what to get nxt was lookin at the 106 gti or civic ek9 or another clio 1.6 cant decide . i am makeing some money on the car

mk4 golf gttdi180
i see what your saying but i cant decide . ill \probally let it go have to wait an see what she sais as its not set in stone yet

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
^ dont no what to get nxt was lookin at the 106 gti or civic ek9 or another clio 1.6 cant decide . i am makeing some money on the car

There hardly compatible cars, and a world away on insurance.

The Ek9 is rapid in terms of naturally asspirated cars, one of the fastest in fact.

If it werent for the purchase of my house id have bought the Ek9. Couldnt believe its an insurance group 20:eek:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
EK9 is awesome, my mate has one, it goes handles and sounds awesome only thing i didnt like was the serious lack of torque but thats to be expected from a 1.6 that revs to 9k! lol

mk4 golf gttdi180
the one im after is a 1.6. they have around 175 bhp 65bhp more than a clio but i dont no how they hold there value .

i was going to get a 106 aand 4 branch it and chip it with cda airbox and a cat back system

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
EK9 is awesome, my mate has one, it goes handles and sounds awesome only thing i didnt like was the serious lack of torque but thats to be expected from a 1.6 that revs to 9k! lol

Definatley, although 0-60 in 5.9 seconds hasnt to be sniffed at...

Ugly? I think there lovley lookin motor mobiles

Fiesta ST Stage 3
civic-typer_----.jpg
spooncluster3hu.gif

1960d1185746530-ej6-ek4-ek9-conversion-guide-thread-b16b-copy.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Dont take anything short of a Grade 3.5 if you get one...

Im a member of the forum www.ek9.org >>> Danny_B16B_R , alot of good lads on it that sure no there stuff

Last edited:
L

LMAN2K2

get a 106 gti mate ive just sold my gti for a to get a 172 and the 172 doesnt feel that much quicker

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
get a 106 gti mate ive just sold my gti for a to get a 172 and the 172 doesnt feel that much quicker

Similar position just sold my Saxo VTS for one and i disagree.

On paper its nearly a second quicker to 60, torque is superior lower down the rev range:S

L

LMAN2K2

Similar position just sold my Saxo VTS for one and i disagree.

On paper its nearly a second quicker to 60, torque is superior lower down the rev range:S

i didnt say it was quicker but i expected more but my 106 did i have a few mods where my 172 is standed

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
they hold their value really well apparently my mate payed around £7k for his and its 15yrs old or something lol! i payed that for a 4yr old 172!

itll be a 98' at least, last year of production was the 2000 RX models.

7k must have got him a good one, what colour is it?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
they hold their value really well apparently my mate payed around £7k for his and its 15yrs old or something lol! i payed that for a 4yr old 172!

itll be a 98' at least, last year of production was the 2000 RX models.

7k must have got him a good one, what colour is it?

its an R reg what ever year that is, yeah a complete mint white one just off the boat from japan