ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cup around Brands. Hints and tips welcome

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Evening chaps.

Massive thanks to @Martin. for letting me borrow his go pro and then kindly putting the video up.
Had a great time at Brands on my first proper track time and had about 20 mins of tuition so am much better than last time. Here's the vid but more hints and tips on gears, turn in points would be brilliant.

Thank you racers

Looks pretty good to me, That line they teach you and cone out for druids is much slower in a clio. When you are half way through the braking phase into druids just start to pull the car in towards the kerb, you will cover much less ground which will more than make up for slightly slower average corner speed.

Get over to the right more on the entry to Graham hill as you are making the corner tighter than it needs to be and we typically use the kerb on the right to widen it up.

Try follow a straighter line heading along the back straight to your turn in point for the next corner again just shorten the distance abit.

Stay closer to the pitwall for longer as you make easiest work and shortest distance climbing the hill on the entry to Paddock.

Good lap though thats me just being fussy ;)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Looking good mate. What was the nova like?

Surprisingly not very fast. I was a bit surprised.

Looks pretty good to me, That line they teach you and cone out for druids is much slower in a clio. When you are half way through the braking phase into druids just start to pull the car in towards the kerb, you will cover much less ground which will more than make up for slightly slower average corner speed.

Get over to the right more on the entry to Graham hill as you are making the corner tighter than it needs to be and we typically use the kerb on the right to widen it up.

Try follow a straighter line heading along the back straight to your turn in point for the next corner again just shorten the distance abit.

Stay closer to the pitwall for longer as you make easiest work and shortest distance climbing the hill on the entry to Paddock.

Good lap though thats me just being fussy :wink:

Cheers James, it is James yeah? Great tips, exactly what I was after. That druids line did feel a bit weird I have to say so next time I'll give that a go along with the curb at Graham Hill. My instructor (not in the car in the vid) said going to the pit wall is a slight downhill and you can go a touch quicker there. Do you mean cut accross to the turn in point more gradually instead of moving over at the last minute? I have to say one of my biggest problems was quickly moving the wheel and making the car more unsettled instead of turning gradually.

Always looking to improve! It's only my first proper track day/evening so want to be as quick as possible and feel like I've made progress each time.

Nice on graham, looked good to me mate.
Cheers matey. It felt good but looking for being able to do the good laps consistently. Hopefully sorting the steering will make it a bit easier!