ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cup track build

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Picked these up for the bargain price of £200
Will get them fitted tomorrow and give them a road test
uploadfromtaptalk1424381405523.png

Reactions: Chi
  Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Took it out for a blast today to bed the tyres in and weigh the old girl.......
Any guesses to the weight with half a tank of fuel?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Bonnet, boot and doors, heated windscreen then I can loose the heater box.
Bumpers off and throw anything from behind it doesn't need

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
No Tim
I sold the meg for no reason apart from lack of use and still wonder why I did lol
The clio will get more use tho as it's been built for one reason only

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Thought I'd update you all on progress,

After cadwell the gearbox on the poor clio was k ackered so decided to get it fixed,
Removed the engine and box to save time and sent the box away to be looked at,

While that was away I wanted to do a few checks on the engine so replaced all the belts and dephaser pulley, also decided to the the epas conversion,
box company rang with good news and neil told me the box could be fixed, bad news was at nearly double the quote oh well!!

Got the car 99% back together this evening and at first tests the steering conversion is a great idea, not a nice job to do but that's not why we do these things,
As far as weight saving I'd say no gains but the adjustment on steering assistance makes it worth while,

I have cleaned and painted the bay and engine aswell and wrapped the exhaust so will add some pics when it's finished tomorrow