ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my dyno results

megane 285 sport
had my car done at the begining ofthe week, got 167bhp atf, thats with sports cat, magnex cat back, bmc cda ik, and no setting up.
i then had cat cams fitted, angelworx matched inlets, and a unchip all set up, got 185bhp atf, 153 atw. is this good or am i loosing power.

how much did the works cost ?

good gains but not sure about the cam package tbh , though i'd expect a little more tbh .

Mazda MX5 1.8
just remember a car is only as good as its driver........ and a dyno figure is as reliable as an english summer

torque figures would of been interesting to see as thats probably more useful on the road than outright bhp increase

53 Clio's & counting
does it feel faster to you mate? never mind power figures for a mo,does it feel faster? does it drive better? thats what counts

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
torque figures would of been interesting to see as thats probably more useful on the road than outright bhp increase

This is the important question. If the cams have done good things to your torque curve and given you a strong mid-range that increase in bhp is reasonable. But if you haven't got much increase in torque that isn't a very impressive increase in bhp for what you've done.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Well by the figures it was down on power to begin with.

Should be over 190 now though. As people have said though, as long as it drives better and faster, figures are relatively insignificant.

clio 200 F4Rt
its not all about peak power figures.

If you can post up graphs of the power runs.

As you may of gained plenty in the mid range which is far more useful with day to day driving etc.

Clio 172 Cup
where did you get your car rolling roaded from. I got mine done from RS Tuning. Mods I have are:

ITG Maxogen Kit
Ktec Straight through decat
Ktec Stealth Exhaust
Angelworks modified Inlet Manifold
RS Tuning remap.

As you can see I have no cams fitted and mine made 184BHP, still need to put the graphs on here fore everyone to look at. Before the remap (but still with all the bits on) it was reading 174BHP.

As everyone says rolling roads can be well out when compared to others.

I'm thinking of getting a set of cams done, whom I will use Angelwork for if I do, as I have heard how good their expertise is.

M

mini-valver

I'd take it to someone who will be able to live map it (Paul@RSTuning) because if you're running wacky cams thath the OE ECU will struggle with, just chipping it wont help.
18bhp is a bad increase at all though.....

I have the same cams and gained around 20bhp over standard. I am getting my car remapped (it has never been done properly) probably at chipwizards but I am looking at max 25bhp peak. However your mid range should be better with these cams as they are not that wild a profile.

IMO not bad results.

PS stick it on another rolling road and you might see 195bhp, will you be happier then? ;)

cup 182 mit stripes
Thought you'd back heeled the tuning ,Mark. Or just disallusioned with the Schlitzauge? lol

Thought you'd back heeled the tuning ,Mark. Or just disallusioned with the Schlitzauge? lol

Just trying to perfect what I have got. I have finished with the hardware long term so its about time I sorted the software.

As for the Schlitzauge (I googled it;) ) I will use him again when the time comes...

cup 182 mit stripes
I'm impressed by your single minded approach to getting more power, Mark. To reiterate, you've got cams and big tb? You reckon that setup, with proper software, could be as good as itb's?

I'm impressed by your single minded approach to getting more power, Mark. To reiterate, you've got cams and big tb? You reckon that setup, with proper software, could be as good as itb's?

Cams and standard body. A single body will never be as good as individual bodies, but for the sake of 10-15bhp...

I may go for a LSD and shorter ratio box with a billet flywheel which would give a more noticeable performance increase then ITBs.

Its not all about cars when you own your own house ;).

or the bank does...

if money's no issue then why compromise?

Moneys ALWAYS an issue. If it wasnt I wouldnt be driving around in a clio would I.

Its not really the place to discuss my finances but lets just say that Ben had been sitting on large sum of money since the start of the year which I decided I wanted to use for something else. Neither Ben or myself had a problem with this. Things change.

Anyway on a car related question have you used Chipwizards? I hear good things about them from Chris n Nic.

Last edited:
  2005 Nissan Navara
Im hearing increasingly more bad things about him tbh.....

Theres been a few customers of mine ive sent there, and they arent happy at all. Poor cold start running, poor idle control, standar limiters where a specific one has been requested....etc.

Im hearing increasingly more bad things about him tbh.....

Theres been a few customers of mine ive sent there, and they arent happy at all. Poor cold start running, poor idle control, standar limiters where a specific one has been requested....etc.

The chap off here who used to have the clio TT was not happy with the mapping he had done by chipwizards.

There appears to be a shortage of people who can map a standalone ECU properly.

Any recommendations?

MarkM - just seems like a big turn around, but losing a year + of interest is never a good thing.

Can Ben no longer map an Omex? get him to do it?

Stan - does sound like he's not bothered about anything that's not a race car these days... but having said that it's nothing to do with his ability, as he's mapped some cars that make some of the quickest SQM times.

2005 Nissan Navara
maybe not, but the proof is in the pudding as they say. Cars that have made decent 1/4 times are already of a decent spec, its not as if its all his mapping.

maybe not, but the proof is in the pudding as they say. Cars that have made decent 1/4 times are already of a decent spec, its not as if its all his mapping.

true, but it's consistent in that sense, the quick Clio's he's done still put down the best times. 2 lives (14.0) Flaming Monkey (14.0) Nana (14.1)... not bad really... then there's the Clio TT which he couldn't get working, so dunno...

Not got a car
I had a dastek on my saxo with cams, Im sure there is something with Dasteks where there are so many load points or something so you cant get the full potential out of the cams, Something to do with more top end power, crap low end and idle, and vice versa. ( I think thats what i was told )

Any how i had the dastek for a few weeks then took it to Wayne at chipwizards and he mapped the OEM ECU alot better making an extra 12bhp over the dastek and a much better power curve.

I hate dasteks