ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Attempt At Motor sport Photography!

BMW Z4
Hi guys ive read the guide about 1000 times trying to teach myself the best settings ect...my mate has recently started racing mini coopers at Knockhill and Sunday was his first competitive race, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take along the camera and see what i could do bearing in mind i have a 18-55mm lens. Here are some photos i got C+C welcome as always.
Thanks in advance Greg!
DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0581.jpg

DSC_0713-1.jpg

DSC_0709-1.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

Ph2 Clio 172
I've no idea what good photography looks like, so cant comment on the pictures (they look good to me), but I can definitely say your mates driving needs some improvement! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Look decent mate, not the sharpest but i'm sure you were concentrating on getting the shot first.

Can the guy drive at all? Looks like he spent more of his time off the tarmac! :eek:

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Not a photography expert, but the photos could do with being a bit sharper.
If you're using photoshop go into filters>sharpen>smart sharpen, that should help fix them.

Nice start!

The main thing is to gradually lower your shutter speed and practice getting sharp cars.

With a 55mm lens I imagine you struggled a bit, but good none the less.

BMW Z4
haha yeah like i said was his first race he started off 10th finished 8th so he was pretty chuffed, yeh i was wondering about the sharpness of the actual car itself.

BMW Z4
Not a photography expert, but the photos could do with being a bit sharper.
If you're using photoshop go into filters>sharpen>smart sharpen, that should help fix them.
Im using a free programme called photoscape, it does and auto sharpen ect thats what i used but i think the distance away from the track is whats causing the distortion.
Nice start!

The main thing is to gradually lower your shutter speed and practice getting sharp cars.

With a 55mm lens I imagine you struggled a bit, but good none the less.
Yeah the lens seems to be the biggest problem i could do with a 200mm maybe something like that but i was trying my hardest to capture the blurred background car in focus type picture also the blurring of the wheels ect.