ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first car and first car project. Clio 1.2

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
ijss0.jpg

Just wondering what else to do with her, maybe a 172/182 body kit, new exhaust etc. So yh there's my motor let me know what you think (no abuse please:p) and let me know what you would do, cheers.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Colour coding, change the wheels, not too much of a fan of tints but look good at night, subtle drop and an rs grill then it would look the business mate, nice and clean btw :)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
is it not just a hairdrier job?? and i think a 172 kit would look great, love black clios ( i have one) :p

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
lol not much love for the wheels haha had to get some new ones as my last ones were battered paint was flaking off and tyres were coming off them, but these were free so not going to complain lol.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
kind of mate looking to keep upgrading it over time, yh i love mine but unfortunately its not running properly at the moment

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
if the wheels were free then fair play just use up the tyres then after ( once you've saved) have a look and see what you can get and what's wrong with it?

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
exactly mate they were a hand down off my dad who has a 172 and they were on his car when he bought it but hes put some new rims on it since. Engine management light came on and it wont start and had diagnostic bloke round and he says I need a new accelerator unit so when that's sorted i think ill get some 182 wheels for it :) Hows your clio?

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
exactly mate they were a hand down off my dad who has a 172 and they were on his car when he bought it but hes put some new rims on it since. Engine management light came on and it wont start and had diagnostic bloke round and he says I need a new accelerator unit so when that's sorted i think ill get some 182 wheels for it :) Hows your clio?

The wheels wouldn't look to terrible if you painted them all one colour? Or painted the centre say black and the outer rim stay's polished. A bit like Superlight wheels on most classic mini's

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
seems a pretty simple fix and yeah it's a ggod laugh (as is my insurance now) jumped from a 1.2 to a 1.6 in 10 months of driving im just looking to keep it oem with a bit of engine work but i love it :)

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
yh they are you can chuck them in to any corner. really, that believe it or not is quite good my first years insurance was 3k and now in second year its 1.5k but yh its mental for how much you have to pay to insure a 1.2 clio

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
mine was about 2k for the first year but since it has been changed to 350 a month :(

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
yh think i might have to save up for them. i'm also looking to lower it as well, do you know of any good brands/websites to get some adjustable coil overs from?

I am not a fan of the wheels or the silly '16v' badge.

I spent ages looking at the picture like "what's so silly about the 16V badge?", thinking you were talking about the bullets. Then I saw the other badge lol.

Nice first car mate, try and get your hands on an RS grill and possibly a dynamique spoiler? (can't tell if it has one already in the picture :p) I'd loose the wheels though IMO.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Cheers mate, yh im trying my best to get a RS grill and the 182 body kit but the ones i have found are a little out my price range at the minute. Dont worry the 16V badges are coming off it haha. What modifications have you made to your clio?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
overall, im not a fan! wheels are far to in-your-face, 16v badge looks a bit chav, and the black tints just make it look like a van!

only get 15"s when you change the wheels and try and go for something a lot more subtle than aftermarket ones!!

good luck!

A grey one
I've got TaTechnix, they're better than Raceland ones, my boyf had Raceland and they did nothing but seize, i love mine, handles like a kart but they're so damn stiff, think i've shattered my spine a bit :)
Your cars tidy, lose the wheels though and please don't get any bigger than 16's- looks like a tractor. :rasp:

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
yh i know mate i was in the flow of writing adjustable and Bilstein haha. It not happen again. What mods you made to your clio?

Cheers mate, yh im trying my best to get a RS grill and the 182 body kit but the ones i have found are a little out my price range at the minute. Dont worry the 16V badges are coming off it haha. What modifications have you made to your clio?

Yeah they are a little pricey mate, been looking for a 172 rear bumper but they are too. Done quite a bit to mine now, have a look in my project thread if you need any more ideas :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613699-Danman-s-Mk2-1-6

I've got TaTechnix, they're better than Raceland ones, my boyf had Raceland and they did nothing but seize, i love mine, handles like a kart but they're so damn stiff, think i've shattered my spine a bit :)

I've got TaTechnix coilovers too, had them on for about a month now. The cornering on it is just wow :D got a front strut brace as well but I'm not sure if that actually helps or is just a placebo effect :p

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Looks awesome with the carbon mate! I might have to do the same haha. Whats the ride like on yours with the TaTechnix mate?

Clio 2003 dci 100
Don't take this the wrong way but I wouldn't bother with the bilsteins , you could get a cheaper alternative which will do the job , I have got fks and it handles like a go kart

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Yh thats the only reason holding me back from purchasing a set. And dont worry the 16v badges will be coming off soon. Just a question would people approve of the wheels if they were re-painted a different colour or do most of you still want to change them?

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
doesn't really matter if we approve it's up to you :) however if you dont have the funds for new alloys then yes, paint one colour.

dude, if you wanna do something, do it!

yeah people might not approve, but it really doesn't matter, at the end of the day, it's your car, and if you like it, that's what matters!

yeah people will tell you what they would do with your car, but it's not theirs to say.

what i'm trying to say is, don't let people on here put you off with what you want to do :)

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Cheers guys, Ive wanted some 182 anthracite wheels for ages, but might just paint the ones i have on at the moment anthracite and see how it looks. And go from there.

Rs200
wheels are better the steel i must say but not my first choice. all a learning curve mate car will look don when you put your heart into it

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
172 alloys in anthracite looks great but if your going for a 182 rep then watch out for insurers :(

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Yh I must admit I am having second thoughts turning it in to a 182 rep because of the insurance. Think I am just going to paint the rims to anthracite or black not sure yet. And then a few years down the line maybe just buy a 172/182/197/200 or something. I will post pics of the rims when I have had them re sprayed also.