ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my first car: what to do to it next?

09 clio 1.2
so far i have put on some 16" wolfrace milano's and yokahoma prada tyres. i know it needs lowering but have to wait till feb to do it. any body got any ideas of what else i could do to it.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
take the wheels back off!

that would be the next thing i do!

than look through the for sale section at some choice mods!

take the wheels back off!

that would be the next thing i do!

than look through the for sale section at some choice mods!

The wheels dont look that bad tbf, even though their wolfrace.

To OP theres not much you could really do to be honest, it looks good as it is. Only thing really is to lower it, then it will look really good! Oh and thats a very nice first car.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Nice first car! I wouldnt do too much to it, get it nice and low and sort the stance out with some spacers :)

Don't do anything to it. Keep it standard, drive for a bit and get some on-road experience. Then get a more powerful/better car in a few years. A 1.2 Clio is not worth bothering with. Must have cost a few grand though, being a new shape one.

Trust me I did it the other way round and am still struggling financially. Started out with a relatively fast car and modified it etc, spent all my money, got loans out, paid out of my arse for insurance.. it's not worth it. I wish I'd waited a couple of years and got a some NCB then put my money towards a better car.

330i. E30 Touring.
Wheels actually look alright.

Next, lower it, and I'd say that's a pretty epic first car!

09 clio 1.2
thanks for the advice, think im just going to lower it and get some spacers. btw what is wrong with wolfrace wheels? might be a silly question but im new to this

330i. E30 Touring.
Pretty much, most people on here don't like anything other than Speedline/OZ aftermarket wheels..

Anything else, other than the CS approved list of mods is s**t, according to those people..

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
If I were you I'd get it on the standard alloys and lower it.
Sofaboy's looked awesome when it was like this:

IMG_6185.jpg

Stagecoach Ticket
Click the photo and you get a photo of a man eating an apple :cool:

Thats a really really nice car mate i like the wheels!

Budgie summed it up really 70% of people on here are either to old to remember the days where they liked aftermarket show alloys or think anything other than £700+ speedline or o.z. racing wheels are pointless/chavy/wrong etc you will find the same when it comes to lowering unless u have £1000+ coilovers your "wasting your money".
Do what makes you happy! just dnt do anything that de values your car alot being an 09 plate

If it was mine i would

Buy a set of number plates that were clean and free of boarders,eu marks, gb rubbish and dealer stuff >> fancy plates.com
Silver tect Bulbs front and rear >> about £10 off ebay gets rid of the rubbish oranage
Super bright number plate light >> £5 off ebay? looks cool at night
Civic Type R aerial or C2 VTS one or somthing still looks standard but there short >> can pick them up off here, ebay etc or dealership but will be pricey or you can go to your local carpark and steal one
Debadge the Clio under the diamond on the rear >> Autoglym Extensive Tar remover £5 halfords / hair dryer and plastic ruler of srewdriver coverd in tap but be careful not mark the paint.
Get rid of all the stickers on the windows
Colour code the side bump strips >> around £100 at body shop

Autogylm SRP £8 , Autogylm EGP £8, Megs liquid gold class wax £8 and a decent washing cleaning guide off here cheapest way to get a nice shine and finish IMO.
£1 Tyre shine from poundland somtimes its 2 for a pound last a couple of days but is cheap enough to re apply it before photos etc and when ever u feel like it

Aero flat wipers >> Partco/unipart about £16 or tesco for like £8 yet the quality is not as good

Magnatax tax disc holder nice and dark will match the wheels and its very subtle £1 tesco

J

A healthy drop on those wheels would look alright IMO. (from what I can actually see of them...)
My advice would be don't do anything that you can't return back to standard for when you sell it.

09 clio 1.2
mine didnt come with alloys as standard :/ otherwise would of got them powdercoated.
had started to think about number plates jimbo as they are not expensive and do look a lot better thanks for the suggestions
and i dont think mine look cheep and nasty tbh as they wernt cheep and do look better in real life but everyone has their own opinion :)