ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Clio/car !

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
colour codings is key ;)

get colour coding you can get the paint on ebay.... looks same colour as mine paint code mv632? nice colour ;)

alloys id say go lairy ;) its fun!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
i got advised not to bother with those springs

id just save for coileys tbh.... get a set of rokkors for £170 when your a member on here

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
congrats on finally passing the test, girl i know failed hers for the 6th time today!

keep the mods subtle and don't do anything daft until you've got some no claims!

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Cheers for the advice man , on a proper budget , the thing seems to be sooking the petrol like f**k too , only getting 35 mpg in about town driving half mentleish , still expected more mpg. And aye iv herd of girls failing up to 10 times , also a guy i know passed 8th time not too long ago !

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Cheers for the advice man , on a proper budget , the thing seems to be sooking the petrol like f**k too , only getting 35 mpg in about town driving half mentleish , still expected more mpg. And aye iv herd of girls failing up to 10 times , also a guy i know passed 8th time not too long ago !

Tried reseting the mpg computer thingy? I easily get over 40mpg in town driving.

Your car's exactly same as mine :approve:

This is what I want my car looking like.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?470697-The-lowwwwwww-ph2-Progress-Thread&highlight=

Might give you a few ideas on how good a non sport can look.

Stripped yozza'd cup
+12, 6 hours lessons and 4 minors, one of which was for taking racing lines (in my lane) down a country road :cool:

But anyway. Standard non-sport things to do are lowering, wheels, RS grill and colour coding body bits.

Jap Box
+13

Nice looking car though, keep the plans for it simple id say :) colour code, spray badges, silver visions etc. You planning on doing anything to the inside?

Listerine & Poledo
Dont bother throwing money at your car yet, give it some time first else you may find you're one of the many who passes, gets all excited about bazzing up their Clio Shopping, only to write it off a week later.

Besides, all the money you pour into trying to turn your car into something it's not will be a lot more useful when insurance comes around again next year, and tax, MOT, servicing etc.

Octavia VRS LE
you learn more once youve passed your test than when your learning, give it about 6 months ishh get used to driving the car in different conditions and get a feel for it before you start modding it!!

Listerine & Poledo
There are already enough members with a post history along the lines of

Hi, I'm new! -> Just passed my test! -> Insurance WTF! -> Which wheels do I get? -> Check out my modded-up Clio! -> I just barrel-rolled a roundabout :( -> Insurance wont pay out because of my mods :(

I know I was very lucky in my first year or so, a number of near-scrapes were evaded, Luck was certainly more involved than judgement too.

Here's hoping you have many years happy motoring though!

Jap Box
There are already enough members with a post history along the lines of

Hi, I'm new! -> Just passed my test! -> Insurance WTF! -> Which wheels do I get? -> Check out my modded-up Clio! -> I just barrel-rolled a roundabout :( -> Insurance wont pay out because of my mods :(

I know I was very lucky in my first year or so, a number of near-scrapes were evaded, Luck was certainly more involved than judgement too.

Here's hoping you have many years happy motoring though!

Ha ha, I can vouch to this. Had my first clio 46 hours before flipping it into a bank, most expensive mistake of my life so far :rasp:

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
All good points man , the thing with my broken alloy and shite MPG is really really pissing me off , getting the same mpg as my dads 2 litre merc with a kompressor...

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Just fixed my bashed alloy , many folk on here sayed id need a new one ! but i bashed it with a mallet and got the garage to put the tyre on and seal it for 10 quid so im chuffed at that . But the main reason im posting is my car failed to start for me on monday. No noise no stutters just never worked at all not a sound , radio ect worked , rolled it down a huge hill 2nd gear pressing accelerator but no start. Left it came back 4 hours later started first time and has since ? i know f**k all about electrics ect , what could be the problem or could it be anything.