ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*My Iceberg 172 project thread!*

clio
Right so first of all Hello to everyone my names Nathan and i'm 18, i bought my iceberg 172 last week from a mate of mine and hope to pick up a lot of tips and advice from people,

it needs a tiny bit of work but i hope to keep this project updated regular with pictures etc.

so the car at the moment, is lowered on H&R coilovers and has speed line turinis,

i will let the pictures do the talking (i apologises in advance for the picture qualities)....

Screenshot2011-04-22at220720.png

photo-20.jpg

photo-21.jpg

photo-22.jpg

Ok so im not actually at home at the moment and i'm waiting for my ZX 6R to sell before i insure it so bit of a bummer :-(

photo-23.jpg

So i want to try and make this car quite quick, a few plans i have for the car are as followed.

first thing is got on the list is to have the turinis powder coated in a light graphite colour, i did want black but i think i'm going to keep this looking smart and not overly modified

i have been toying with the idea of doing red bits like callipers but i'm not to sure yet i think it may be a bit OTT, hears a quick photoshop of some of the red bits i had planed.

bubblascar.jpg

i think im just going to keep to my smart plan and just do them silver,

once the wheels are done, a ktec supersport stealth exhaust and decat will be on order followed by a mk1 172 air filer....

i then would like to have the car remaped in time for FCS so i can do a few laps.... any recommendations on places to go?....

Ok so i will try and keep this updated as much as i can, and as soon as i am home and have cleaned it etc i will get some good pictures up,

hope you all like.

Nathan

clio
right it seems as if no one cares anyways so i will do this for my own sake and for anyone who may care lol.........

the wheels came off today and i painted the callipers silver, i also swaped the wheels to my old clio wheels that i had in the garage from my 1.2 until mine come back from the powdercoaters in graphite slightly lighter than the ones on it ATM......

P1000814.jpg

P1000812.jpg

P1000816.jpg

P1000815.jpg

i then thought i would touch up the engine bay a bit and gave it a paint

P1000825.jpg

P1000826.jpg

I then decided to spray the engine cover graphite and i did the badge to match....

P1000827.jpg

P1000828.jpg

P1000829.jpg

P1000830.jpg

soo its been a busy week.... i will be ordering my ktec super sport stealth exhaust and decat in the next few weeks, and hopefuly fingers crossed the car is ready for FCS :-D

had no problems so far other than a weird noise coming from the front right wheel but that corrected it self when a small piece of plastic fell off on the m40 :p

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi Nathan!
I think the car looks really nice. Like the colour planned for the wheels. Love turini's!!
Bit of a change tho, zx6r to 172, but you won't regret it!!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi Nathan!
I think the car looks really nice. Like the colour planned for the wheels. Love turini's!!
Bit of a change tho, zx6r to 172, but you won't regret it!!

clio
Looks tidy mate, 172 at 18? What's your insurance like?

a fortune lol £2000, but thats why the bike had to go :-D

and cheers guys yeh i was going to go black but my bro talked me out of it and keept me down the classy route.....

Lee, i was in wrexham funley enough the other day working, real nice place :-D

Looks tidy. Tempting me to spray my engine cover.

Did you just use plastic primer and a normal spray? What is the colour you've used on it buddy?

clio
i used plastic primer peugeot cosstact grey (metallic) then lacquer....oliver james how could you say something like that haha your car was one of the deciding factors for graphite