ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My last night with the 200

Mini Cooper S sport
Great choice of car army! I'm most jealous, I'd have a new FRS in a heartbeat if I could afford one.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yousay it couldn't handle 4wd what about the s3? Isn't that 4wd and about 265bhp?

Skoda
It's not an s3 an Evo or anything other than a FRS... I bought it cause I like it not to compare it to every other fast car

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It's a beautiful car mate, i'm just a rally nut and it looks just like a rally car that's all

a burnt one
Rally car's were not always 4wd though.

I trust Ford and owners who have driven one when they say it doesn't need it so doesn't have it.

You cant just go making cars 4wd simply because 'it looks like it should be'

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good move, bit weird you couldnt just have kept the 200 til march 1st?
or had they sold it on?

Army, FYI, I'm noticing mine loosening up quite a lot at over a thousand miles. It's getting noisier. More pops, whistles and bangs. I'm guessing this is mostly due to the exhaust sooting up. Either way, it sounds much better now than it did when it was new. And it's f**king fast.

I can't imagine any other hot hatch having so much character. I couldn't care less if it was 1WD. You are in for a treat my friend. Oh yes.

Clio 172 RS2
Well Chris Harris has a good judge on the ability of FWD err. AWD.:

[youtube]4_tTsJCcBlc[/youtube]

Check 5:20!

Nice upgrade Army!

Last edited:
  PH1 172
VERY jealous as I love the FRS

Army, FYI, I'm noticing mine loosening up quite a lot at over a thousand miles. It's getting noisier. More pops, whistles and bangs. I'm guessing this is mostly due to the exhaust sooting up. Either way, it sounds much better now than it did when it was new. And it's f**king fast.

I can't imagine any other hot hatch having so much character. I couldn't care less if it was 1WD. You are in for a treat my friend. Oh yes.

Couldn't agree more ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSP_MvxtoeU&feature=player_embedded

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
did you wake up on the morning after your last night with your 200 and realise what an ugly pigdog you had pulled from the disco?

thank god you have got rid of it tbh.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I'll miss it tbh... Its a great car I've enjoyed it... I'm sure the FRS will be as much fun until it gets nicked:S

They broke in my mates house few weeks back to steal the keys to his b***ards !! didnt get it tho :rasp:

Fantastic car sound awesome !! good choice mate :approve:

Skoda
They broke in my mates house few weeks back to steal the keys to his b***ards !! didnt get it tho :rasp:

Fantastic car sound awesome !! good choice mate :approve:

It should be pretty safe most of the time as I live on an army camp..the armed guards should keep the riff raff out:D

Its when I go home to stockport I'm worried:(

Clio Sport
FRS do torque steer in quite an alarming way though (well the one i drove did).

Definately the FRS on looks, road presence, straight line performance.

But i would say that the 200 is the more pure driving experience. The way you can thread it down the road is just so enjoyable, I didn't get that sense in the FRS.

Having said that it's a top car, no doubt, well done for buying one and well done to Ford for making it. Long may it continue.

They torque steer on rough surfaces. Not alarming though. Quite mild in fact. Never in danger of throwing you into a ditch. My 182 torque steered and followed ruts like it was searching for a ditch. I suppose that should have been 4WD too?

BTW, after getting used to them you can thread them down a lane with alarming pace. No doubting the 197/200 are more nimble though. Significantly lighter innit.

Clio Sport
Roy Munson said:
LOL matt, have I just spied you over at Focus RSOC talking about torque steer on the RS? ;)

No, not me over there.

I test drove FRS and wasn't keen on the torque steer, as it did feel like it could jump into the Armco, probably a bit of tram lining going on too.

I'm not dissing the RS just reporting what I felt during the test drive.

Fair enough. There's some fella over the with the exact same username and 1 post who was talking about torque steer in an older thread. I have actually read that earlier cars suffered a bit more from it, but who knows. I find it perfectly manageable TBH. Adds to the character if anything.

Clio Sport
I think you got it right with the character, some folks like a bit of tugging at the wheel as you feel involved and have to correct.

I totally understand that.

I just thought ultimately I'd rather not have that and keep it as pure as possible.

I'm a former 106 Rallye (1.3) owner, to me that was the ultimate. It's a slow car now, but my goodness you could have your way with it.

M.

RS200
mate im so jealous of you! i would love a new RS such an amazing car!! Dont know weather i could live with the styling though. wouldnt want to leave it anywhere. im bad enough with the 200 but with an RS i would only leave it in a garage. i know what some d**ks are like out there. Anyway enjoy and post lots of pics!