ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates cup is dead!!

My mates was in bed last saturday morning because he went out on the piss last friday. He then heard a knocking at the door, so he went downstairs and opened the door. A Budgens truck driver said "im so so sorry mate, i dont know what to say. Ive crashed into your car, in so so sorry".

my mate parked his car outside his house on the main road and a truck driver hit the front of it at about 40mph and dragged it across the pavement 30yrds. He completly wrote it off and my mate still couldnt workout how he did it, because the road is so bloody wide.

The cup was f**ked and my mate was so gutted, but hes getting 10k compensation for it and is now wanting to get a type-r. Im glad that this didnt get him down. If it was me, i probably be in jail now for murder!

C4 Grand Picasso

Id be gutted, but its still only a car and its replaceable (with a type-r, pretty good replacement I think) - just glad that there was no-one in it at the time.

He said that I dont want another cup because if I was in that car. I would have been dead. I want a type-r because they are a better car and are also more stronger. (i dont blame him at all)

Quote: Originally posted by OLLZIE on 07 March 2004

He said that I dont want another cup because if I was in that car. I would have been dead. I want a type-r because they are a better car and are also more stronger. (i dont blame him at all)

Eh thats BS ^^^

I dont think so. It didnt look like a clio when i saw it. The front seats dissapeared. he would have been dead.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by OLLZIE on 07 March 2004

I dont think so. It didnt look like a clio when i saw it. The front seats dissapeared. he would have been dead.
and what makes you think a Type-R would have faired any better in the same situation? Look at some of the wrecks on this site that people have walked away from.....

I think there are other reasons for owning a Type-R, safety not being one of them, renault (for the good) are obsessed with ncap ratings....

Adrian

gutted the car is destroyed but like everyone says at least he is getting a pay out and i have to agree that i wouldnt use safety as a reason for getting a type R over a cup. from all the wrecks ive seen on here they hold up very well even in high speed accidents

If your hit at 40+ mph by a lorry I cant see many cars holding up well! Especially if he just ran right into it and wasnt even braking or anything!

Remapped derv Golf

hit any car in a lorry and it will be fecked!

Clio gets a 4 star rating on NCAP which is one of the best in its class! Renault build safe cars! The new scienic is meant to be one of the more safe cars ever made.

wow! at least he was in bed and not in the car.

iv had experience of that, with a lorry that had a crane bit on it. One of the legs that support its weight just moved out and "clothes lined" about 10 cars. lucky i saw it and hid behind a tree cos this mini flew straight past me.

Dum, dum, dum, another one bites the dust.

Another £50 added to the residuals on mine. Seriously though, any car hit by a truck is going to get mullered.

Any more of this and people will start talking of The Curse of the Cup.

Remapped derv Golf

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust, eh
Hey, Im gonna get you too

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I think the most important thing is the truck driver came to your door and told you..

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 07 March 2004
I think the most important thing is the truck driver came to your door and told you..

yeah damn straight. bet you 90% of truck drivers, or any drivers for that matter, wouldnt stop! most people wouldnt care. although by the sounds of it, he probably didnt have a choice as most people walking about would have seen it!