ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates Saxo VTS Turbo!

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Dont know how many of you on here are saxo/106 fans but think there excellent little cars....and here is one of my favourites. My mate James Sherwing with his imaculate 1997 saxo vtts!

VTS1.jpg

VTS2.jpg

VTS3.jpg

VTS4.jpg

VTS5.jpg

VTS7.jpg

VTS9.jpg

This was in PGTI last month, and will be at FCS 07. Put alot of hard work, time and money into it, what you guys think?

Leon Cupra R 225
one of the best I've ever seen personally, would ditch the lights though and go back to standard but that's my opinion. very mint other than that :)

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Yeah a few have mentioned the lights, id perhaps get the standard lights in with some HID bulbs....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, though dare I say it, I'd have the ride height increased a little if it was mine.

Must take plenty of practice to get the power down through those standard fronts, smoothly!

V.tidy though - he must be well proud of it!

D.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Yeah the spec is pretty impressive i will have to get the full list off him.

It does spin quite abit to be honest, and got through an uprated clutch pretty quickly, think he is considering boost limiter in 1st and 2nd as he deffo doesnt want any electronics cutting the power and then a quaiffe LSD.

Chocolate Bar™
remember reading about this in PGTi magazine the other month. i know ep performance have done quite a few french cars now. not sure if it was this one, or just another saxo with polished wheels that i saw around fezzy last week when i finished work, but nonetheless it looks nice.

D

dick

i love those lights, glad he didnt debadge it or anything gay.

give the guy a medal

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
remember reading about this in PGTi magazine the other month. i know ep performance have done quite a few french cars now. not sure if it was this one, or just another saxo with polished wheels that i saw around fezzy last week when i finished work, but nonetheless it looks nice.

Yeah its the same one mate, he lives in Trentham so you will have seen the lad around. Another mate with a cherry red 106gti has just had the same done to his aswell, the previous owner is on here somewhere! Josh_clio or Josh_182 sommet like that. Should be fun seeing them two battle it out down the strip.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
looks nice, whats it running in terms of 0-60/ bhp/ 1/4 mile?

No rolling road yet mate, not long had it done. He is trying find somewhere top notch to have it RR and mapped properly.

Personally i dont think the 0-60 will majorly impressive due to traction issues unless he puts it on slicks, more the 45+ acceleration so hoping for a good 1/4.

He is wanting around the 200 bhp mark and nothing more at the moment as the internals have not been messed with, just a 3mm copper head gasket to lower the compression, oil cooler and water/methonal cooled injection.

But should have some figures pretty soon, will keep updated.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
looks nice, whats it running in terms of 0-60/ bhp/ 1/4 mile?

No rolling road yet mate, not long had it done. He is trying find somewhere top notch to have it RR and mapped properly.

Personally i dont think the 0-60 will majorly impressive due to traction issues unless he puts it on slicks, more the 45+ acceleration so hoping for a good 1/4.

He is wanting around the 200 bhp mark and nothing more at the moment as the internals have not been messed with, just a 3mm copper head gasket to lower the compression, oil cooler and water/methonal cooled injection.

But should have some figures pretty soon, will keep updated.
ah yes it'll be getting the power down that will be the issue, but im sure once in gear it will fly

what boost psi it running?

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Running 5psi at the moment, when he gets it mapped properly going to run 8/9 psi. Nothing too big untill uprated internals.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
true, otherwise there will be a bit of a meltdown.

looks the part anyway. loving the decked looked, sure a few bumps have caught that though - still :approve:

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
I like the fact he hasnt changed the outside

Yeah just lowered, polished the wheels and to the untrained eye a Magnex exhaust. That was the plan really nothin too in your face with the exterior just the intercooler to give a little hint....

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Yes mate Europarts did some, customer made the manifolds etc it was the first VTS Turbo they had done. They've just finished the 106 GT-TI aswell, so i will get some pics of that up aswell next time i see him or when he gets some done!!

Very nice, I bet its very fast an all, vts/gti's when they are turbo'd or supercharged seem to be untouchable by alot of cars!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I like the effort that's gone into that but...

Am I the only one that thinks that looks just wrong sitting that low?

I mean, surely you can't drive it like that? I know I couldn't...every corner would be fukced after the first roundabout I came across.

Unless it's running stupidly stiff springs/dampers to compensate which in turn would make traction tricky and the whole thing a little edgy?

I'd be very interested to hear how it drives...