ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk1 On 18's

RenaultSport 172.
whilst lowering the front of my car, we popped on my mates 18'' oz record to see how it would sit; we didnt even think it would fit!

it fit and didnt rub either! mahusive tho comapred to my turbines!

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

and how low my car is sitting now on 15''s....dropped about 75mm on the front

DSC01205.jpg

look way too big for the car. The body of the car is too scrawney to swallow 18's. OK on a heavily bodykitted mk1, but not on a standard bodied one.

RenaultSport 172.
haha. nah they wouldnt fit on the back wihtout modifing the arches e.t.c..

RenaultSport 172.
haha...didnt look too bad...just mahusive!

ideal for a show car thats being put on a truck to them and not driven...massive bodykit etc...all puker!

RenaultSport 172.
thats the 4th time i have seen that slideshow in diffnret topics now...

yours is also a valver with bigger flared arches etc...this has standard RL/RT wings...mahusive!

lol crackers :) think people should lighten up he obviously only fitted them for a laugh!

doesn't look that low any better pics? whats it lowered on? i got my coilovers today

williams 2 turbo
i have had 18's on every clio i have owned. didnt seem to slow it down any. any who going down to 17's soon for the maxi kit.

clio 172 sport, zxr6
i use to run 19,s on my valver there is some pics in the gallery of it and i used it on the track with them on

RenaultSport 172.
lol crackers :) think people should lighten up he obviously only fitted them for a laugh!

doesn't look that low any better pics? whats it lowered on? i got my coilovers today

cheers gav...it was only fitted for a laugh...didnt move from that spot...didnt get driven, tracked, offroaded or anything...just fitted for a laugh!

its lowered about 80mm atm, but them pics were taken as soon as i dropped on the srpings....its lower now...cant get a finger in the front arches to the top of the tyre...

Pics then please as it looks higher than lauras and mine and we aint lowered 80mm.... can't see it tbh as lauras got tubs on hers with bigger tyres than yours and hers is starting to rub!!

Where did you these 80mm springs from then??

RenaultSport 172.
im going to get slaughtered for this..but theyre 60mm cobra springs with 2 coils cut...cough cough haha

ill get some more pics in a mo =]

x

clio 172 sport, zxr6
heres the pics of mine m8 not to everyones taste

Attachments

• php4l3P7sPM.jpg
    php4l3P7sPM.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 27
  • phpWFsFVFPM.jpg
    phpWFsFVFPM.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 46
  • php7zAQB4PM.jpg
    php7zAQB4PM.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 51
  RenaultSport 172.
here are the pics..hasnt dropped alot lower =[...but should hopefully sag in time. the top of the tyre is in the arch now..and the car is sitting slightly nose down which is how i want it. was going to invest in coilovers, however seems this is going up for sale in about a months time, i cant see the point plowing unneeded money into it.

winston, the reason laura's rubs is becuase of the 50profile tyres. when i dropped them steels on at yours, those were in the arches at the front on a 55mm drop...garantued to rub now if my 45's sit in these arches...plus the valver arches are wider and deeper than normal rl/rt arches making it look lower...

pics kinda show the drop...and the one picture shows how much the tyre is in the arch due to the angle of my hand...

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

DSC01214.jpg