ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my monaco 172

Monaco RS Clio 172
hello.. here are a few pictures of my monaco blue 172.
I was hoping for more light when I took these, and altho I did take alot more than this, it was too dark and I suffered alot of camera shake being new to any sort of photography lol

I am trying to be patient. I will get a few more coats of wax on at the weekend and shove a load more pics up earlier in the day hopefully! :)

couple on drive:

this first one is for opinions on side skirt sticker:

drive_passenger_side_2.jpg

drive_back.jpg

drive_front.jpg

drive_drivers_side_blury.jpg

couple in car park:

carpark_far_away_front.jpg

carpark_floor_drivers_side.jpg

too dark in the car park pics I suppose.. and it's such dull light out in all of the pics it's hard to see it's shine! bit of a wind up actually lol

bare with me tho. I'm very new to taking photographs. :)

opinions?

(yes I know it needs turinis.. I am after a set)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
You dont NEED turinis as that is sexual :) liking the monaco more and more but dont think id ever be able to buy one :S

Monaco RS Clio 172

I was thinking of getting these wheels refurbed in the same colour as the trophys wheels, or getting turinis.. they could defo do with a refurb. I have only had the car a few months, and the previous owner managed to scrape one of them. it's minor but they are a bit tacky.

how comes you could never buy one?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
After llooking at those picks i actually would buy one. they look immense when detailed properly. your paintwork isn't looking too shabby tbh!

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Set of clear indicators will set her off, not a massive fan of the stickers on the sideskirts but thats jus me bein jealous!

Monaco RS Clio 172
she's defo not been done justice by those pics.. will take some better ones. it's simply too dull and dark and me being an idiot taking pics after I'd finished applying srp.

it's waxed now. going to apply 2nd layer at the weekend so I will take some more then:)

the side skirt stickers... I bought.. dirt cheap off ebay just to see how it looked. if I go off them, simple pull off and bin job and no worries.. only lost 3 quid lol

I tried to get nice small ones. :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You don't need Turini's! yes they look nice, but the std rims on a moderate drop can also look nice.

172 Cup
Top Motor and by far the best colour, im liking the stickers on the Skirts where did you get them? they'd look quality on mine too!! Monaco 172 Woo hoo....

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
there's nothing wrong with ur wheels mate they are spotless!!!

i prefer them to turini's!!!!!

Monaco RS Clio 172
thanks for the comments

it is on sportlines at the mo.. has been now for a good month+ so they have defo settled down I would have thought. it didn't drop it a great deal if I'm honest but my previous car was sitting on it's a$$ literally so it is so nice to have one with the compromise of it doesn't hit speed bumps or kirbs (nearly on the kirbs but it just misses them by the width of my finger so slow slow slow on those), and most of all it doesn't bang and crash over every pot hole. obviously h&r's would be the nuts but they are out of my price range at the moment and with the credit crunch bearing down on us all it is looking even more distant but you can only hope!!

defo contemplating ktec recessed exhaust too as mine is starting to blow. rentec took a look and told me it is not an mot failure but it will get worse so I guess I will have the bite the bullet and pay out in the end. sooner than later tbh. don't fancy it falling off lol

I just liked the dark coloured turinis in the pics of DazRsi's monaco! looked lush

my wheels are in ok condition, marks on all of them (minor) and one has the rim kirbed up, so in need of a refurb methinks.

what do you think of the idea of getting a light greyish colour if I get them done? also anybody any experience with lepsoms of gillingham (probs where I'd take them to be done professionally)

the stickers 172head came from ebay I'll just try and find the link for you in a min..

thanks again for the comments :)

E87 118d M Sport
car looks lush mate! will be putting a few more coats of wax on mine in the next few weeks! looks like your hard works payed off! :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Keep it standard and drop the sticker.

Look after it a wax it a lot and it will look good for years.

One of my fave colours of all time on the clio