ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mug progress, pic's

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Hi all, over the past month i have have changed and added a few things to get the cup looking like one again.

Things i have done are...........

Turini alloys wheels and new tyres to replace the 182 cup alloys it had on!!
I then put the 182 exhaust surrounds on the bumper to tidy the crappy exhaust up, removed the rear wiper, removed the front washer jets, added the cup spoiler to replace the missing one, fitted silvervision bulbs all round, fitted brand new headlights, new plugs and a coilpack, and gave it a general tidy up allround including the engine bay:D

Things to do over the next few weeks are........

Refurb the turinis in a darker colour (not too dark) spray the bullets the same colour as wheels, lift the exhaust higher, fit my new 3/4 front number plate, source a set of washer blanks for the front bumper, and fit the front splitter that i'm buying of christopher:cool:

Oh and i will be using my PC once we have a nice sunny day to get the paint popping:evil:

A before pic, when i bought it 6 weeks ago :S

calipers109.jpg

calipers016-1.gif

And a few after pic's from this morning after a wash and quick detailer spray.

newcuppics002.jpg

newcuppics006.jpg

newcuppics013.jpg

newcuppics014.jpg

newcuppics013.jpg

newcuppics008.jpg

newcuppics007.gif

Picture002.gif

The engine doesn't look that clean but it's 80% cleaner than it was lol. I think it look loads better then it did before, Comments welcome.

Thanks Kev;)

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
could do with the exhaust raising a little mate. its coming on nicely

Looks nice. What's the plan for the washer jets?

And those headlights, are they from a non Cup?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Looks nice. What's the plan for the washer jets?

And those headlights, are they from a non Cup?

Selling the washer jets mate, the lights are cup ones which were scratched and one was broken.

could do with the exhaust raising a little mate. its coming on nicely

The exhaust needs to have the brackets shortend then will sit properly:)

nice but lose exhaust

Yes mate i know, but i dont want to buy another bumper for the time being so it will have to do lol.

I will get round to it but i have just tidyed it up for now:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
  1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Both the doors are like that? are 172 doors the same as the normal clio doors?

The clio had a full respray due to having the exterier vandlised, mabye the doors where off another car?
Also the guy who had it before me tried to make it look like a 182 hence the exhaust, wheels, washer jets, it even says ashleys 182 at the bottom of the front number plate:quiet:

Christopher i know mate, give you a txt tomorrow:cool:

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
What a tool the previous owner clearly was. 172 cup is better looking than a 182 imo.

I know mate he must have been an idiot! I always liked the 182 myself but since buying the cup i now prefer the look of the 172 rear bumper

I will get a new bumper and a stealth exhaust in the next year:evil:

Can you not see the doors?!

Look at the very first pic - the bump strips do not line up

And then in the rest of the pics.

Im either making myself look like a right fool - or my eyes have gone mad!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Can you not see the doors?!

Look at the very first pic - the bump strips do not line up

And then in the rest of the pics.

Im either making myself look like a right fool - or my eyes have gone mad!

Calm down mate!! have you been smoking pot:S

You need to chill...........................

I will have a look tomoz and see if the door can be adjusted at the bottom hinge;)

^^^Good stuff, i'm more then happy with my ktec stealth exhaust

how do the sound???

The exhaust that is on at the min just sounds gay:nono:

M2 Competition
The doors thing is normal. More noticeable on cups due to non laquered bump strips, but quite a few clio's they dont line up, especially if they've ever been replaced!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
The doors thing is normal. More noticeable on cups due to non laquered bump strips, but quite a few clio's they dont line up, especially if they've ever been replaced!

Is that why my bump strips look dull!!! i thought they had been sprayed another colour

Why didn't they laquer the bump strips:eek:

Will they buff up with a PC? or do they need respraying and laquering>

Thanks kev

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Mabye your car has had new headlights?? the headlights are brand new on mine from renault and were orderd via my reg so they are the correct ones?

Mabye they have diffrent lights for diffrent years?

Kev

Also the lights i replaced were grey inside too!

Mabye your car has had new headlights?? the headlights are brand new on mine from renault and were orderd via my reg so they are the correct ones?

Mabye they have diffrent lights for diffrent years?

Kev

Mine's a 2003 too. Just had a quick look through other topics and piston heads and all 2002 / 2003 are black.

From what I can see, the grey lights are from the non sports?

Last edited:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Is that why my bump strips look dull!!! i thought they had been sprayed another colour

Why didn't they laquer the bump strips:eek:

Will they buff up with a PC? or do they need respraying and laquering>

Thanks kev

Cost / Weight saving. A PC wont do anything