ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Black Clio :)

Trophy #387
Purchased this on Friday... my first car!

She set me back £2150, which I thought was a good price...

Model/Info
Renault Clio Dynamique (billabong)
1.2L 16v, 53,000 Miles

Mods
15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 Black Alloys
Black sprayed calipers
Lowered 30mm(?) on springs
Billabong stickers removed
Silver 16v Bullets
Colour coded side strips
Silver vision indicate lights (front & rear)
Bright white headlights/sidelights

76398_1630623999897_1065516830_1739280_816518_n.jpg

76398_1630624039898_1065516830_1739281_277053_n.jpg

155178_10150329900560046_732270045_15779640_6941151_n.jpg

(next to my brothers Civic Sport ;))

So, the plan:
182 style twin exhaust
182 rear bumper with carbon fibre insert
Carbon fibre exhaust surround
Sports front grille/bumper

Head Unit (Alpine CDA-117ri)
Front & Rear door speakers (undecided)
Amp (undecided)

Might do some re-spraying of the interior and give the car a 2 colour theme.. if anyone has a black clio with another colour subtly added in can I see some pictures of what it looks like, or could someone recommended a good colour?

It's going to cost me a fair amount but I plan on looking after it well and making it a beauty... It's certainly got a lot of potential, and if it wasn't for insurance costing an absolute fortune i'd be able to buy most of the stuff right now!

What else do you guys think I should add to it?

Would like an opinion that isn't of a 17 year old as whenever I ask mates I get the standard reply :

"lowered, sound system, exhaust, alloys" .. I'd like to know some small things to do that make a big difference, and that aren't too costly! You guys know much better than my mates to be fair! :)

Might do some re-spraying of the interior and give the car a 2 colour theme.. if anyone has a black clio with another colour subtly added in can I see some pictures of what it looks like, or could someone recommended a good colour?

It's going to cost me a fair amount but I plan on looking after it well and making it a beauty... It's certainly got a lot of potential, and if it wasn't for insurance costing an absolute fortune i'd be able to buy most of the stuff right now!

What else do you guys think I should add to it?

Would like an opinion that isn't of a 17 year old as whenever I ask mates I get the standard reply :

"lowered, sound system, exhaust, alloys" .. I'd like to know some small things to do that make a big difference, and that aren't too costly! You guys know much better than my mates to be fair! :)
I can understand the urge to mod and by all means do so, but avoid going down the 'project route' if you dont plan on keeping it for years to come, you will lose money anyway, with modding this figure can increase, greatly. As for ''the plan'', easier said than done and your premiums will go up for each mod depending on your insurer. It looks good as it is, only think id change is the 16v side bullets to black, colour code the bumpers and get 172 16'' alloys (in silver).

Trophy #387
by the sounds of the mods already on that car did it come from someone off here?

Yeh I bought it off a guy who lives in Weybridge called Anthony Barwell .. There is a ClioSport sticker on the back window which is what led me to the website! I had looked briefly for Clio forums before I bought it but I don't think I came across this one :/ I'm guessing he was a member on here, don't know how much he posted though.

with your plans itl be similar to this.

Yeh I like the look of that, actually think it looks pretty nice! his looks like it's been dropped more though? I need to get some black bullets and spray the renault badges black! Makes a big difference actually.

Also, he didn't know how much it'd been dropped as it had been done when he bought it a couple of years ago.. I think it's 30mm but I may be wrong, anyone have any ideas?

Looks great mate.

How did you get them bloody billabong stickers off?

Also black goes with anything really. I have a black one with "sky blue" interior/badges/bullets/engine bay

There are some great ones with yellow and green too.

Mine:
154922_163846590320217_100000846322096_292417_444244_n.jpg

Trophy #387
Looks great mate.

How did you get them bloody billabong stickers off?

Also black goes with anything really. I have a black one with "sky blue" interior/badges/bullets/engine bay

There are some great ones with yellow and green too.

Mine:
View attachment 47521

I don't know mate, the previous owner took the stickers off (only the exterior ones) .. The sticker above the glove box on the passenger side is still there and i'll probably spray that another colour or at least spray over it .. and the stickers you can see when the doors are open are still on as well, might try and get them off but I don't want to make a mess of it.

That light blue on the engine cover looks awesome... I've got a crack on mine which is annoying but there's nothing a bit of filler and sand paper won't fix! That's another little thing i'll do some time in the near future!

Oh yeah, RS Grill (as above) makes the front end looks tidy as f**k too!

Here's the links from various sites for things i've found that I want to add :

Front bumper/grille

Carbon Fibre exhaust surround

182 Style twin exhausts

182 rear bumper with Carbon fibre insert

Yeah I sprayed over the interior strips so that ones gone, just want the outside ones off as I havn't worn billabong since I was about 13.

Keep an eye on the for sale section on here. There's always people breaking sports and you can pick up the bumpers pretty cheap. The front one is harder to fit because of the wings iirc but the rear is a straight swap.

Not a fan of the mesh grill on that link. I think the rs oem one looks great. Its pretty much the first mod for non sport owners on here, £56 from renault so not overly pricy, just a bugger to get the old one off.

Trophy #387
Yeah I sprayed over the interior strips so that ones gone, just want the outside ones off as I havn't worn billabong since I was about 13.

Keep an eye on the for sale section on here. There's always people breaking sports and you can pick up the bumpers pretty cheap. The front one is harder to fit because of the wings iirc but the rear is a straight swap.

Not a fan of the mesh grill on that link. I think the rs oem one looks great. Its pretty much the first mod for non sport owners on here, £56 from renault so not overly pricy, just a bugger to get the old one off.

Yeh billabong isn't really my thing but I wasn't going to pass on the car because of a few stickers...

Need to get my payment through so I can see the sale section, i can imagine there's some good bargains going, got no cash in my account atm so need to cash my premium bonds and get the money transferred into that account!

Can you post a couple of links up of the grills you're talking about mate? thanks

The grill on the pic I posted and the other guy is an RS Grill.

You have to go to the local renault parts/service place and order it.

Def worth the membership cos there's some great guides on here too. I cashed in my bonds much to my dads dismay and I can see why cos I've spent 5.5k in the last 4 weeks :/

monaco 172
I'd go for 172 rear bumper with stealth exhaust.

I think the 182 exhaust looks a bit naff as it is and don't think it would suit a 1.2 without the rest of the 182 body parts