ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car.... Audi content

TT 225+
So after spending the last 5 years since passing my test in a 1.2 Clio, I've decided it's time for a change. I've considered pretty much everything, different budgets, buying brand new, fast cars, sensible economical cars. I even considered (and went to look at) a f**king £10k vauxhall Astra! In the end, I decided to spend a more sensible amount of money on an older car that I know will be reliable and (hopefully) not depreciate too much. So... Here it is! Just a couple of quick pics for now

maqusynu.jpg

8etyse5a.jpg

1.8T 225, done 85k, full service history, mainly audi and 2 previous owners.
Leather, Bose, climate, and probably other stuff that I don't know about yet lol.

I love it. After coming from a coilovered Clio it's like luxury, and it feels like a bloody rocket! But then it would considering what I'm coming from! I should pick it up on Friday, it's having a service, MOT and all 4 alloys refurbed in with the price I paid. Bodywork looks mint :) you can really see the metal flake in the silver. Not sure which shade it is?

Plans, well possibly a remap at some stage, and will either replace or just remove the broken rear TT badge.

9a9ysyja.jpg

Despite the stupidly hard ride, the rattles, the slowness and just the fact it was so uncomfortable I will miss it :( first car after all.

Will get some better pictures up on Friday after I pick it up

Tom

S4 Avant
I like them, but they're too small for me to get in comfortably! Also I look like enough of a fag without driving a hairdresser wagon

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate. They are stunning cars for the money.

They still feel expensive 10 years on. Not many cars can do that.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice choice Tom! Not going to lie, I still love TT's :eek:

S4 Avant
Lovely mate. They are stunning cars for the money.

They still feel expensive 10 years on. Not many cars can do that.

I know that feeling. Mums got a 13 plate A5, and we're both convinced the leather and general build in mine is better than hers.

PH2 Flamer
Think it's Lake silver.

My advice would be get the oil pick up pipe changed. Or at least cleaned. Very common on the BAM and most 1.8T engines to get clocked up.

Also have it checked for boost leaks. I was forever chasing them, ended up replacing every vacuum hose, clip and doing a N249 bypass to get rid of all mine.

Good engines though, until remapped. Then it's just luck until you bend a conrod.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I remember giggling LOTS when i picked up my new Audi A3, felt so special being inside it.. audi interiors rock!

The clio will be a distant memory after 10 mins in the new one :)

Impreza Wagon
What sort of price are you looking at for these now? (not fishing for the exact price). I've always been very tempted by one but not looked into them for a while.

TT 225+
So I've had it nearly 2 weeks now. It's a great car. Exactly what I wanted after 5 years of Clio ownership! Comfortable, quiet on the motorway, lots of power when you need it. The interior is one of the best around IMO, even by today's standards. Beautifully finished.

I was thinking of a remap, mainly to sort out the fact it runs out of steam at 5.5k, I'm unsure, kind of wary of it shitting its internals all over the road if I did do it...I know these BAM engines are supposedly bulletproof but still.

So all I've done really is debadge the rear, polish the exhaust and given it a wash today. Doesn't need anything else really. I love the way it looks. So here is some fancy photography!

ru6u3y5e.jpg

e5u6evyq.jpg

y2aqe2yh.jpg

ymy4avaz.jpg

rysa5yvy.jpg

TT 225+
Thanks. Bit of rust on the bottom of the wheel arch, the bottom sill bit, which I touched up today. Other than that it's in decent nick. Will probably have to get the sills reprayed eventually

Looks really nice. Looks almost identical to the one I had back in 2009-11.

Get it remapped and add a Forge DV (diverter valve, not dump valve), it makes a huge difference to both sound (of the turbos), and the power delivery. You can't believe £250/~40hp makes the difference it does.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah def get a map.

I do like them and very almost got myself a TTQS. I just couldnt do it..

TT 225+
Looks really nice. Looks almost identical to the one I had back in 2009-11.

Get it remapped and add a Forge DV (diverter valve, not dump valve), it makes a huge difference to both sound (of the turbos), and the power delivery. You can't believe £250/~40hp makes the difference it does.

Hmmm. Did you get any clutch slip issues? Where did you get it done?

thanks for positive comments!