ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my new choic of cars . help a little please

mk4 golf gttdi180
right lads and ladys , ive been looking at

bmw mini cooper- this is one im looking at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=110278757679&Category=38708&_trksid=p3907.m29

pug 106 gti 2000 onwards .im after a black one in near enought standard condition

clio dci 100 if i can find one in black

and if m luck a civic ek9 but very unlikely as my budget is 4600 max

what im thinking about is that i want to go up in power at the least and as my last car is a clio 1.6 16v i had coiles decat and turinis very sporty to drive and nippy around the strreets .

i now that the 106 gtis are fast an nippy but finding a good one is realy time consumng but how do the minis compare ? i could get it remaped.

ph2 1.4
dont bother with the minis

they have a chrysler engine and made by bmw there slow tbqfh for a 1.6 even the JCW 1.6S is slow for what it is

have you tried a 106 rallye s2? as oppose to the gti ?

mk4 golf gttdi180
have you tried a 106 rallye s2? as oppose to the gti ?[/quote]

i dont want a rally as i dont really want a base looking car 1 thing pulling me to a gti is the leather but i dont think there very quality built like the clios and dont have snazzy gadgets ive only got a year and 2 months till i can legally get my sport

Get a rallye, have a blast about in it while your young and then in a year get a 172 cup and have some more comfortable fun, thats if you want to leave the rallye!

mk4 golf gttdi180
Get a rallye, have a blast about in it while your young and then in a year get a 172 cup and have some more comfortable fun, thats if you want to leave the rallye!

are the rallyes any good ? surely id be better getting a gti ?

but on the other hands i could get a mini a remap it .whats the gain on a remap in the minis?

ph2 1.4
mmmmm not much 20 maybe at a push ? depending who you take it to ? maybe more

but still the decently tuned ones are around 230 theres one around here at around 240 and hes got alsorts done to it.

the rallyes are awsome id love one just cudnt cope with payin 3000# for insurence

Can you insure a 106 rallye with a 16v engine transplant there around 4kish and would play with 172 tbh.

If your planning on getting a 172 in a year id just get something fun to run around it and rag tbh not go buying a mini.

106 GTI
Rallyes come in 1300cc 8v and 1600cc 8v. The 1300 has the shortest ratio gearbox.
The GTI is 1600 16v, I owned a 2000 W reg and loved every minute of driving it.

Fitting a GTI with an S1 box (1300cc) gives a very interesting combination along with a peugeot sport exhaust which will pop bang and flame

mk4 golf gttdi180
Can you insure a 106 rallye with a 16v engine transplant there around 4kish and would play with 172 tbh.

If your planning on getting a 172 in a year id just get something fun to run around it and rag tbh not go buying a mini.

well you see if i get a 106 i wana put 1000 away for the sport but i would also remap the pug and 4 brantch it etc . i want a mini fo the posh factor and i think its a real motoray cruiser witch i d travel on alot (around 10,00 a year) try and keep it down

106 GTI
And its less than 2001 meaning it wont have an EGR valve and also the engine will be know as a devil prong because of this

mk4 golf gttdi180
http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2008/showthread.php?t=53441

Cant go wrong with that.

But if you do a lot of motorway miles maybe it wouldn't suit you as its a bit raw tbh for pootling along the motorway in.

106 gti's in good condition are hard to come by these days, you could find a perfect one tomorrow or be searching 3 months, you just never know really. Why does it need to be a minter?

needs to be a minter so i can get me money back from it for me sport

Why not get a sport now and just dig deep to pay for the insurance, its obvious you really want one. How old are you?

106 GTI
I think the EGR valve recirculates hot air which suposidly is better for emissions.
As the pre 2001 dont have the harder emissions laws they perform better

mk4 golf gttdi180
im 19 atm but paying 690 a year ona 1.6 i could drive a sport but only for buisness use as my policy wont cover for personal use so it would be a 9-5 weekday driver and i dont drive much then and as it cant pas as a commercial i cant use it at weekends unlike the discovery ill be getttin in place of me jeep but ill use that for my buisness

dont bother with the minis

they have a chrysler engine and made by bmw there slow tbqfh for a 1.6 even the JCW 1.6S is slow for what it is

have you tried a 106 rallye s2? as oppose to the gti ?

Haha, are you for real? Have obviously never driven a JCW S properly, my old one felt lots quicker than my 182, at 40bhp more with bags more torque its hardly surprising.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats a strange combination of cars, you want to go up in power but your thinking of getting a DCi?

Id check insurance for an EK9, there insurance group 20's so not cheap, as for the condition for £4800 you will be lucky to get an auction grade 2.5-3 for that so it might be shabby with high miles.

If its pace your after why not get a Saxo VTS? Its as damn near the same as a GTi and the same insurance group. Plus they will be easier to come by as more of these mad production than the GTi's, you will easily pick up an 03' for 4k

If it were my money and i were after an all rounder id get a Civic Jordan, reliability and a 158bhp VTi engine.

mk4 golf gttdi180
Thats a strange combination of cars, you want to go up in power but your thinking of getting a DCi?

Id check insurance for an EK9, there insurance group 20's so not cheap, as for the condition for £4800 you will be lucky to get an auction grade 2.5-3 for that so it might be shabby with high miles.

If its pace your after why not get a Saxo VTS? Its as damn near the same as a GTi and the same insurance group. Plus they will be easier to come by as more of these mad production than the GTi's, you will easily pick up an 03' for 4k

If it were my money and i were after an all rounder id get a Civic Jordan, reliability and a 158bhp VTi engine.

i no its a random lot of cars but its what ive been pndering over for a next ca for ages just havnt had the money really, i can insure a ek9 as my insurer is a traders policy so its ok as long as its 1.6 but i cant find a ek9 that isnt cheap enougth and not in shitty condition or white. i think im gona go and look at the black 106 that was put up in here yesterday as ill have alot of chaange to kit me disco up :eek: