ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Clio 182

Artic Blime 182
Well i have just invested in this clio 182, i have been driving round in a 1.4 16v billabong for some time now and now i can afford the insurance i went and bought this:

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/Cliosport04/Cliofront.jpg
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/Cliosport04/cliorear.jpg
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/Cliosport04/clioinside.jpg

I will add more picture when i pick it up tomorrow... hopefully everything is sorted then.

Let me know what you think....

I live in the warrington/widnes so i will hope to see some of you cruising around.

LY V6 with Recaros
It looks nice, although the pics are really small, can't see them very well.

BG182®
Hope you enjoy it fella. Just been out and drove my 3rd 182 today in the past month and have finally found one I happy with.

Do you mind if I ask what sort of price you paid with milage and owners etc?

Artic Blime 182
Hope you enjoy it fella. Just been out and drove my 3rd 182 today in the past month and have finally found one I happy with.

Do you mind if I ask what sort of price you paid with milage and owners etc?

£6k 30k miles one owner from new, fsh. With the extras i added came to £7k but i got 2.5K for mine and that has 60k.

I saw one in scotland for £7k with 21k miles one owner in the lighter blue and that is absolutly perfect by the looks of thing (I saw pictures only). However they said that i would have to wait ten days for it to be brought to warrington and then pay £150.00 for transport. Wasnt to keen on the colour in the pictures but saw one the other day and they are quite nice.

I went through arnold clark as i was on finance with my clio 1.4 16v billabong. Made sense to do this...

Shhh
Just ensure you get the cambelt and aux belt changed as part of the deal, the aux belt should be changed at 36k, the cambelt at 72k,

Though, 72k or 5 years, so its probably due within the next 9-10months and will set you back £800+ from renault.

Independant man will be £550 ishy, parts alone are £300..

Artic Blime 182
Just ensure you get the cambelt and aux belt changed as part of the deal, the aux belt should be changed at 36k, the cambelt at 72k,

Though, 72k or 5 years, so its probably due within the next 9-10months and will set you back £800+ from renault.

This done as part of the service? If so i believe i have paid for this already.

Shhh
I would check this with them, the cambelt is either 5 years or 72,000miles, the aux belt was ment to be 72,000miles too, but they were failing and taking the cambelt with them. They both share the same bottom pulley you see, so they reduced the aux belt to 36,000miles.

Aux belt change is about £230-280.

The car your buying is well within the mileage for the cambelt, as being on 30,000miles they will give it oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, the aux belt and a good look over, as a 36,000mile service.

The first 182's were roughly registered in March 2004, so on that terms a 04 182 could be up for cambelt change in March 2009 (2 1/2months time). You dont say what age,or plate the car is to work out what is what, but not so long ago renault put there prices up of the aux & cambelt parts, probably on the basis that they will be needed more now, than in the past.

Its just to give you a little help here, as no one likes to get stung for a cambelt change 12months into ownership.

Other things to check are -

Rear back boxes exhaust brackets, the rubber 'X' perishes, and the back boxes hang low, causing the cat to crack.

Suspension knocking / clunks when reversing with full lock on, top struts catching under bonnet.

Steering wheel pealing on the rubber bits

Bonnet catch on slam panel rusting and sticking open, was a recall on this.

cant think of anything else major here...

There great cars, just get an K&N Apollo induction kit on it, some good tyres and your away. Front disks are £60 from Yozza Sport here, rear disks rarely need changing till 60k, michelin exaltos are about £85-95 each.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I would check this with them, the cambelt is either 5 years or 72,000miles, the aux belt was ment to be 72,000miles too, but they were failing and taking the cambelt with them. They both share the same bottom pulley you see, so they reduced the aux belt to 36,000miles.

Aux belt change is about £230-280.

The car your buying is well within the mileage for the cambelt, as being on 30,000miles they will give it oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, the aux belt and a good look over, as a 36,000mile service.

The first 182's were roughly registered in March 2004, so on that terms a 04 182 could be up for cambelt change in March 2009 (2 1/2months time). You dont say what age,or plate the car is to work out what is what, but not so long ago renault put there prices up of the aux & cambelt parts, probably on the basis that they will be needed more now, than in the past.

Its just to give you a little help here, as no one likes to get stung for a cambelt change 12months into ownership.

Other things to check are -

Rear back boxes exhaust brackets, the rubber 'X' perishes, and the back boxes hang low, causing the cat to crack.

Suspension knocking / clunks when reversing with full lock on, top struts catching under bonnet.

Steering wheel pealing on the rubber bits

Bonnet catch on slam panel rusting and sticking open, was a recall on this.

cant think of anything else major here...

There great cars, just get an K&N Apollo induction kit on it, some good tyres and your away. Front disks are £60 from Yozza Sport here, rear disks rarely need changing till 60k, michelin exaltos are about £85-95 each.
Aux belt was £175 for me a couple of weeks ago.
And don't get a K&N.

02 172, 07 AstraVan

i had my parts for £100 quid , oil filter air filter , cambelt kit, spark plugs. GSF had the parts from.
and service was done for 300 quid.

Artic Blime 182
Right here are the pics of the car.... not taken from the moon lol.

Would of done it sonner but i have been away :(

P170109_102001.gif

P170109_1022.gif

P170109_102201.gif

P170109_1023.gif

P170109_102301.gif

P170109_102401.gif

P170109_102402.gif

P170109_102403.gif

image_0004.gif

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
nice car, i'm in widnes all the time, in cronton actually lol but live in Great Sankey (Warrington)

Artic Blime 182
nice car, i'm in widnes all the time, in cronton actually lol but live in Great Sankey (Warrington)

Oh right cool, my mum and all my mates live in warrington/sankey.

I will keep an eye out for you :) what part of cronton do you go to?