ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new uber camp automobile. MX-5 Project.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks brilliant mate. Love that rear spoiler, goes well with the splitter.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really liking that mate. Some fantastic mods and it looks tidy.

Well played.

Homo spec mazda
Thanks for all the awesome comments guys, and Gally Tbf from you that means a lot.

Tom the spoilers a KG works one, mx5parts sell um.

Spotted.

photo-1.jpg

Great write-up on the previous page dude!

Qashcow
what offset and size are your wheels guys? my 14's are depressing me to oblivion.....as well as the frigging open diff :(

Qashcow
I was going to buy a torsen diff but can't justify the cost on a £1k car, local breakers have a diff for £100 and they don't know what type it is. I need to get down there and do some investigating. I might strike gold and it be a torsen.

How much scrubbing and arch rolling did you need? I'm on the lookout for something second hand again though.

Yushhhhhhhh, Hey Joey!! Hows yours coming along?

At the moment, It's still the same - except all the masking tape has been removed! lol. Still trying to decide on where to go with it tbh, been reading up on Big engine swaps... but we'll see.
What's next for this? Seems like it's more or less complete tbh

I'm sure it was you I parked near on friday night at asda trafford park? ;)

I think that's probably quite likely! I didn't see your trophy though :( ... out before I was perhaps?

At the moment, It's still the same - except all the masking tape has been removed! lol. Still trying to decide on where to go with it tbh, been reading up on Big engine swaps... but we'll see.
What's next for this? Seems like it's more or less complete tbh

I think that's probably quite likely! I didn't see your trophy though :( ... out before I was perhaps?

Your car was gone when I got out. Wasn't 100% sure if it was you as the paint looked in good condition :eek:, Wheels looked the same though.

Homo spec mazda
Errr pretty much saving for boost, ish, i say I am, but im not, I wanna change the look of it, make it less of the same old.

Homo spec mazda
Nice update, After months of hating driving my own car i finally changed the thing i hated most on it. The diff. Now as an ambassador on here for welded diffs I feel I should explain.... The skipping wasn't a problem, the odd handling wasn't a problem. However the welding was. The welds wouldnt ever break due to the way they were done, but there was excess weld on where the driveshafts go in, meaning that the drivers side was never in properly, this also gave off a very very odd squeal at times and meant that i had to top up oil twice a month, So I bit the bullet, read up on torsens and what suited me best. Decided on a 4.1 type 1 after reading the gear ratios and that the type 1's are a bit more "old school" in there delivery. So I ordered off junkyard dog and it arrived on friday, I started at about 12 oclock in the afternoon and finished at about half 6 which wasn't too bad seeing as I did it all on my own, and the greatest difficulty was getting the stub shafts that the diff was delivered with out.

Needless to say due to the stress and time constraints i Only took two pictures but whilst I was out there I made more effort with my diff void fills and what wonderfull things they are :). They probably will be replaced in the future for proper diff mounts but we shall see :)

20111209_150955.jpg

20111209_150925.jpg

Needless to say my god it feels so nice now and actually handles well again, Whether it drifts well or not is yet to be seen but for now its fine for me.

Also a pic by Niall from the last CS meet :)

6371238387_395833d11e-1.jpg

Qashcow
looks awesome mate, a credit to you. i didnt mind my welded diif but wasnt being used as a daily so was never a problem. would always laugh when trying to park though

Homo spec mazda
looks awesome mate, a credit to you. i didnt mind my welded diif but wasnt being used as a daily so was never a problem. would always laugh when trying to park though

Your saying that in past tense, you've not sold up have you?

Thanks for the comments mate :)

Qashcow
good spot there, new thread to come this evening :p

mx5 has been parted with another forum member here...

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Seb you've failed to mention how gay you were and putting the original exhaust back on. Then realising having a vagina AND and MX-5 was too gay even for you which then lead to putting it back on ;)

Homo spec mazda
So a wee update. Cant believe its been over a year.

Bad news is, its a bad update.

So last friday I cleaned the car, then went go karting, then crashed it. The term handles like a go kart is porkies.

I managed to bend a wheel a wishbone and a droplink,but wasn't even doing 30, god this cars made of cheese.

said wheel.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

So I swapped the wheel over and adjusted the toe all they way in so it wasn't tooooooo bad, then posted a wanted thread on here to which "indykid" replied, being the true gent he let me pick up two polybushed wishbones on saturday night, So we headed down and he even threw in a track rod end like a true gent.

So as the car sat on sunday morning, take note of the one grey wheel as thats the colour i wassss going to do them but it didnt go to plan.
IMG_0108.jpg

managed to do the bent side however the straight side alignment bolts were truely goosed so i left that until i get more alignment bolts.

bent wishbone though.
IMG_0112-1.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Then it was time to refurb the wheels but halfords only had one can of toyota decuma grey as above so I went for a risky option but I quite like it, it is very temporary though. I washed it today and this is how its sat.

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Thanks for looking
smile.gif

Qashcow
Hawsome, I wouldn't think the red and blue would work but I really like that. Shame on stacking it, I drove over a roundabout in mine but luckily caused no damage.

Feel free to buy my pretty much new bronze Rota Grids ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It looked so good. Seb that colour has ruined the total look of the car. :(

Makes me sad.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I missed the temp word. :eek:

It's actually one of my favourite cars on here.

Listerine & Poledo
I still can't get past that splitter-plow.

:(

I know it's the thing to do to Mk.1's (or to go completely minimal, seemingly) but it just looks impractical.

OP, is this a daily drive or a weekend special?

Homo spec mazda
Daily Driven :)

Wheel colour will probably be permanent, however il be changing the wheels when I see something else I like.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Looks awesome with the blue, as I said on Facey. Keep 'em Blue IMO.

SUPERMAN!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Any updates to this Seb? Saw a pic hovering around FB and it's looking mental!