ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Racing Blue 182 Project.

BlackGold 182
I never scrubbed when I had them on mine and I went alot lower one stage, what tyres are on them? And you need to roll the arches it will make loads of difference!

I never scrubbed when I had them on mine and I went alot lower one stage, what tyres are on them? And you need to roll the arches it will make loads of difference!

195/40/16. Mine are 8J though, ill raise it up for now.

There's a place near me that does arch rolling, did you do it yourself?

BlackGold 182
ohhh i didnt no you bought 16s, yeaa i did the arch rolling myself, its easy ive done it to 2 clios and a mx5 now. just make sure the heat is on the part you bending back.

8j and 16s imagine it will still scrub when its raised, whats the offset?

ohhh i didnt no you bought 16s, yeaa i did the arch rolling myself, its easy ive done it to 2 clios and a mx5 now. just make sure the heat is on the part you bending back.

8j and 16s imagine it will still scrub when its raised, whats the offset?

20 but need a 5mm spacer to clear brakes. But I'm using 172 cup stub axles as they are 5mm thinner. So 20 essentially.

BlackGold 182
is that for the rear the spacer or front? for the rear i grinded down my caliper and then only had to use a 3mm spacer.

is that for the rear the spacer or front? for the rear i grinded down my caliper and then only had to use a 3mm spacer.

The rear sorry, fronts are using a 3mm spacer.

My caliper has been grinded down so much and my pads are pretty much dead and it's still so close. I might try the 3mm spacer on the back just to see though.

Update 25/03/2013:

Right then, some pictures have finally been taken of my new wheels. They're Rota Grid-V's refurbished in Gunmetal Grey.

Fitting them was a bit of a nightmare and involved fitting 172 cup stub axles, grinding caliper face and 2 degree camber shims but theyre finally on and I love them.

8586354325_d9f92e60e9_z.jpg

8586222509_c494ef859e_c.jpg

486137_506618079375929_262422331_n.jpg

8587336892_fdaf4ebe68_c.jpg

8586394879_65e383c71b_z.jpg

I've also fitted a stud conversion, polarised nuts, polybushed dogbone, painted bullets & diamonds and thats about it.

172 cup
Cheers mate, I see you Exclusive quite often too, looks very nice.

Glad people are liking it :)

Cheers dude the missis drives it mainly I only get to enjoy it the weekends nowadays what exhaust are you running its loud

^^^ This great job it doesn't look in your face either :)

Thank you, Im really pleased with them. Suit the 182 nicely. :)

Im thinking about plastidipping them white in the summer for a change - they might be a bit more in your face then :p

Thought so I had the same on my old 182 forgot how loud they really are

Awesome exhausts, I love mine! I remember your old RB.

Heard you letting off a few bangs yesterday too lol. I had to join in :eek:

Hahaha I know yeah, shame I was parked miles away from you.

I thought you couldnt rev it or use full throttle :rasp:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Erm.... I only did it a little, lol.

Yeah, you should've parked closer :( Plenty of meets in the summer to come though.

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing joes rb vid made me look in here....

Your car looks f*ckin' EPIC!!! Awesome wheels, awesome exhaust and the best colour! I need an rb in my life!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Not as nice as yours though. If I'd do it again though I'd go rb with yozza and the wheels really suit it. White would be a b**ch to keep clean so I'd stick with the current colour.

Oh btw I can vouch for plastidip as I did my old RB's wheels in black. Easy to use and holds up well you can pressure wash over it fine.

Wheel & tyre spec's?

Also how come you had to change the stub axles?

Were the camber shims needed just for the rear?

The cup stub axle's sit 5mm further in iirc

Correct, you will struggle to pull it off without the 172cup stubs tbh.

If I knew how much of a pain it was, I wouldnt of done it haha.

Was no going back after having them refurbed and tyres put on.

Theyre 16x8 et20, need 5mm spacers all round. 2 degree shims at the rear and some bigger bumpstops or else itd rub like f**k.

I've got max camber from the vmaxx coilovers on the front and it's very tight to the front bumper due to 182s extra castor.

I could trim the bumper to get lower but not sure if its worth it.