ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Return to Renaultsports...

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Got my 172 today (my 4th Renaultsport). I last had a blue 197 & Since then had a modded Leon Cupra R and currently still on the drive, a 120d M sport (177hp model).

Anyway here is a pic of her

IMG_0918-vi.jpg

IMG_0926-vi.jpg

Really chuffed, bargain price. Needs a bit of attention but not that much! Wheels are fine, interior spotless, few marks on bodywork. Going to get the bonnet resprayed for the stonechips this week, as well as going to uprate all the brakes on thursday, discs and pads as first mod.

I hope to attend some meets soon.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks Very Nice... Turini's just look so good on the RS'

172 Cup
How does the 172 compare to the other said cars, do you think? I don't think I will ever get rid of the Cup. haha

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
renaultsports have always been pretty close. I liked the handling of the 197, be it only jus over the 182 I had. The 172 Ph1 felt the most nervous, but was good fun. Nothad much time to play with this one to be fair.

I have also had a Leon Cupra R which was mapped, so was quicker in a straight line but handling was not the best - although ok.

Ibiza FR was the worst car I owned, period. Didnt do anything well really.

Civic Type R - always thought was a tiny bit quicker than my renaultsports for pace,but never liked it as much for cornering, felt a bit stiffer, but not quite as flexible/chuckable

BMW 120d M sport which I still have, obvisouly slower and a disel, handling is cool though. Interior/build quality is another league, but so is the price.

Other cars not really same ballpark.

Happy to be back to renaultsport :D