ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Snow Trouble..

Nimbus 197
Well lemme see.. first i left work last night.. got 1/2 way home and the trouble started lol... i couldnt get up the hill.. soo ended up ditching the car walking nearly 2miles home at 1am this morning.. anyways.. i go bk this morning... still nothing couldnt get it out...

ive spent most the day helping people get cars up hills etc.. lol.. and walking enjoying the snow my cats etc... anyways il post them up aswell...
after a few hours i just got bk.. THE CAR IS NOW ON THE DRIVEWAY AND I DONT THINK ITS MOVING TBH...

ALL THE ABS LIGHTS ARE ON... BRAKE PROBLEM ETC.. never seen so many lights on the dash... but anyways il sort that when the weather is better lol...
anyways here are a few pics...
oh BTW.. i fell over 4times to take these pics..!!! loool!!

Hope you enjoy..
102_1476.jpg

102_1475.jpg

102_1477.jpg

102_1478-1.jpg

102_1479-1.jpg

102_1481-1.jpg

the 2 babies
newcarphotos011-1.jpg

newcarphotos012.jpg

newcarphotos046.jpg

newcarphotos047.jpg

newcarphotos020-2.jpg

MY ROAD...!
newcarphotos055-1.jpg

newcarphotos015-1.jpg

Titanium 182
We did tell you to take those exhaust pipes off. Snow has clearly fallen into the massive holes and fucked your car.

Nimbus 197
wow! you got a lot of snow, i'm jealous! (not of the fact your car was stranded ;) )
hope you get it sorted

stranded.. lool.. got stuck half way home had to walk 2miles home at 1am last nite.. was not happy.. not to the fact i had not many clothes on.. and dollie shoes... it was frezin

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cats look like cool guys :cool: bet they love it !!

You should have bought some decent tires :rasp: at least its home now. Once its all melted, the ABS sensors and rings should clear up and (hopefully) it'll all be ok :)

Nimbus 197
Cats look like cool guys :cool: bet they love it !!

You should have bought some decent tires :rasp: at least its home now. Once its all melted, the ABS sensors and rings should clear up and (hopefully) it'll all be ok :)

yeh hopefuly... see what happens 2moz... hopefully the lights will just go out!!! but 2day their was more then last night lool x

alien green rs133
197 snow plow.

abs lights will be from wheel spin. once its melted a drive down the road normally should be fine..

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
197 snow plow.

abs lights will be from wheel spin. once its melted a drive down the road normally should be fine..

Was thinking the same myself. The ABS light comes on cars quite often when on a rolling road. Not exactly the same, but the principle is there.

Nimbus 197
il take her out for a spin 2moz.. see how she goes.. but the SPANNER IS LIT UP....!!! ABS AND 3 OTHER THINGS.. SO ITS NOT GOOOD!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its fine. Its because all the wheels have lost traction.

a 2 minute drive on a non-slippery road and it'lll be good as new.

DCi 100
I thought you'd be fine in the snow with that front splitter. ;)

I was going to say, bet it works great for scooping all the snow off the road into the front grille!

Car looks noice, goodluck with the snow! I jumped in mine tonight at 2:30 coming home and it was frozen over, even inside the wind screen!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
abs lights are on because the front wheels have been spinning and the back ones havent - ie same as rolling road. car then thinks theres an abs fault.

will clear 100 m down the road when you drive it.

Evo
Lol i coulda got the 197 up that hill ;) its all about the run up speed :p

Dw mine has that same poxy 'braking fault' message bleeping up every now and again, and before you know it its gone again.

R27, JCW GP, M4, M2
When I had the R27 it was sh*te in snow. Took 4 traffic cops 1 hour to move it up a hill. They enjoyed raggin the crap out of it though!

Evo 8 MR
Glad we don't get that much snow up here, ABS doesn't work on ice. I've had it kicking in loads on mine when braking it's actually quite scary because it's on but it doesn't work!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Glad we don't get that much snow up here, ABS doesn't work on ice. I've had it kicking in loads on mine when braking it's actually quite scary because it's on but it doesn't work!

ABS works fine. It's designed to un-lock locked wheels.

The tyre skids on ice and locks .. ABS lets go and re-applies pressure..... :rolleyes:

The trick is to drive correctly for the conditions. :rasp: