ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My top 10 games ever list

10. Day Of The Tentacle (PC)

I spent many hours of my childhood on this game, an absolute epic game with some great comedy and wierd touch and click puzzles - Including one where you had to bring a vaccum cleaner flyer from the future to the past so you can give it to George Washington, who makes it law that every home must have a vaccum cleaner in the basement, so you can suck out a hamster which you can generate some electrcity with. To get the hamster there in the first place you had to put him in the freezer in the past and defrost him in the microwave. Just one of the few puzzles in the game that were pure genius.

9. Timesplitters 2 (GC)

Me and my mates still play this today, 4 player capture the bag on traning ground = excellent. We spent many hours on the map maker too. 1st player game is also excellent with plenty of things to unlock along your way.

8. C&C: Tiberian Sun (PC)

It was either this or the original, I chose this mainly because I was very good at it and spent my days in ranked matches online so I could get the number 1 spot (and stayed there for 2 months) I then realised there was more to live then C&C and walked outside....

7. Pokemon Gold/Silver (GBC)

These pokemon games were the best out the series imo. The game was massive - although D/P is a bigger/better game this wins because of the nostalgia value and the magic the game had.

6. GTA3 (PS2)

The first 3D GTA was epic and you really did feel you were playing something new, yes Vice City and SA are bigger, better games but we had seen it all before with GTA3 when these 2 came around. One of the tracks - "Shes on fire, and shes burning through at the speed of light" still comes into my head to this day.

5. World of Warcraft (PC)

Dont need much of an explanation here. I spent 2 years on WoW before getting bored, and it came just at the right time I was into MMORPGS (well... Runescape) an absolute epic game to which I will be comparing to the next time I play an MMORPG

4. Super Mario Kart (SNES)

The best ever Mario Kart, you had no crap 2 people in a kart gimmick. Just pure wacky racing. The AI in the game always finished in the position they finished in last game, so if you need to win a cup just make sur eyou knocked the person out so they finished last and got no points - each game after that they would also finish last and you would have no comeptition for the trophy
biggrin.gif

3. Theme Hospital (PC)

Wacky diseases, causes and scenarios - Theme Hospital was wicked. Building on the previous success of Theme Park (another game I spent my life on) This is another game I still play today and well worthy of a number 3 spot.

2. Little Big Adventure 2 (PC)

Another game I tommy tanked over, the story was excellent while still building off LBA1. The graphics were top notch for its time and you had 2 whole planets to explore. It contained elements of touch and click (my all time favourate genre) while still being an adventure game

NOW FOR NUBMER 1!!

Shenmue (DC)

I have completed this game a thousand time over, I love the story - and I love what you can do in the game. The graphics for its time were fantastic and I eagerly await number 3s announcement. Shenmue 2 wasn't as good imo. If you coul;d get past the slow start in this game it you would be in for a gaming experience you never had exerpeienced (all those years ago anyway) You even got a job within the game to earn yourself some dollar for your collections and playing game son your Sega Saturn.

Well there you go theres my top 10 - let me know what you think

Long live Theme Hospital, lol, absolute quality game! New ones out soon too >: D

Ive never played pretty much more than half of them though :(

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Some good calls in there but I would have Streetfighter 2 (SNES) & Final Fantasy 7 (PS) in there for sure!

I'd have to think about my top ten but probably streets of rage, streetfighter 2 and GT1 or 2 would be in there somewhere.

I'd have to think about my top ten but probably streets of rage, streetfighter 2 and GT1 or 2 would be in there somewhere.

Streets of rage :eek: Completely forgot about that game. My god the amount of time i must have put into that game! Absolute quality on two player as well!

clio 172 cup
Shenmue was gr8 the ending sucked cus i never got the second 1...but my best game as a kid has to be streets of rage!!!

Tungy
Rachel says - Theme park world, Theme Hospital, Duke Nukem 2, Commander Keen, Jazz jack rabbit? The Sims

I have to agree with Theme Hospital, Theme park the original, The Sims, Streets of rage, Goldeneye, GTA Vice City, Rollercoaster Tycoon! :)

Sims was boring after about an hour though. The best think you can do is make a gay couple and put loads of BBQs round the house and block all the doors, and just sit and wait for it to end in tears.

The original EA Ice Hockey on the megadrive used to be a laugh but in our house used to frequently end in a real life brawl, lol

Artic Blue Clio 182
Nobody has mentioned Sonic the Hedgehog, the orignial legendary game of the Mega Drive! lol

Another couple of PS classics I havent seen mentioned yet...

Metal Gear Solid & the Tomb Raider's!

Good games in thier day!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
some of my favourites...

Shenmue (DC)
Metal Gear Solid series (SNES, PS, PS2)
Pilotwings (SNES)
Mario Kart (SNES)
Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64)
Final Fantasy 7 - (PS)
World of Warcraft (PC)
Halflife (PC)
Halflife 2 (PC)
Day of the Tentacle (PC)
Full Throttle (PC)

loads more that i can't remember too

172 Cup (Iceberg)
Double Dragon 2....... SWOS ........... Settlers............. Super Skidmarks......... Some old Amiga faves.

A4 Avant
road rash on the mega drive had me and my mates addicted for hours!! As did micro machines on the snes! 4 player mayhem!!

I used to play Theme Hospital. I'm glad it's not just me who was a complete loser lol.

However, having not played most of the games in the list I would've placed Day of the tentacle at number 1. That game totally rocked! Mind blowing graphics at the time, and a fantastic puzzle. Wouldn't mind playing it again tbh.

Saxo VTS
Good list but no mention of GTA 1,2 and London, Half Life or Max Payne. Geez!

Also Road Rash, Streets of Rage and Sonic on Mega Drive = win!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Can i just say, no1 in C&C tiberain sun?

How did you do that? I used to play that all the time too and the highest i got was top 10 in GB, cannot remember my rank in world.

i always used to play the same map and same technology level.

Ahh those were the days, used to race home from school to play on it.

What was your user name on it?

Ph-Sold!
resident evil 4 - worst controls in the history of games ever

Only ever played Gamecube version which worked really well!

Spent sooo many hours on Transport Tycoon when I was younger!

Also, thought C&C Tiberian Sun was pretty awful, Red Alert 2 has been best in series so far IMO

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Of no particular order (except the No.1!)

• Wings (Amiga) - in my opinion, the best Cinemaware game on the Amiga. Told the 'story' of an American pilot in the First World War. Some great dialogue in there and genuine feeling of you and your other pilots being totally out-numbered. Like nearly every other Cinemaware game (Rocket Ranger, It Came from the Desert, etc) - the game was far too much for the mere Amiga to handle. Still a classic though.
  • M1 Tank Platoon (Amiga). My god - what a game! I played that to death again and again - each time taking the career option and making all 16 of my men reach Elite status. Looks horrendous these days - hills were literally green pyramids - LOL!
  • Harpoon (Amiga) - truly ambitious naval sim that throws the Warsaw Pact and NATO forces against each other. Massively draining on the Amiga resulting in frequent crashes but truly addictive. Nothing better (at the time) than seeing your squadron of Tornados flying on the map - ground level and nailing that Russian airbase before they had time to retaliate.
  • Beach Head (C-64) - my first game on the Commodore. Loved it to bits and much better than the follow up.
  • Stunt-Car Racer (Amiga) - imagine a rollercoaster with the track removed and replaced by tarmac. Done to death in many other games since (like Trackmania, etc) but Geoff Crammond's classic was there first.
  • Starglider 2 (Amiga) - bizarre game but with great music and true planet-surface to outer-space flying ability. Basically revolved around building a bomb, collecting various parts off different planets, all the while - fending off the bad guys.
  • Star Control 2 (inc. Super Melee) (PC) - I've lost track of how many hours me and my m8s at uni put into this. A simple scissors/paper/stone type combat game using various ships - randomly given to you. Fun, straight-forward and superb - especially after a few bevvies!
  • Day of the Tentacle (PC) - true fecking gaming genius. As others have said, an amazing game.
  • Battlefield 1942 (PC) - I still play this now - even though BF2142 nabs most of my time. The El Alamein map is still my favourite FPS map to this day, bar none.
  • Gran Turismo (PS1) - played the game once and just NEEDED a PlayStation right there and then. Looks crap now, but the sheer scale, scope and flexibility of GT was amazing.
  • NUMERO UNO........... Wasteland (C-64). Every gamer has their one choice - the one game that even years later (and I'm nearly talking 20 years here! :eek:) just fills their heads with great memories and waves of nostalgia. This one is mine. Wasteland was a role-playing game, centred around a group of Rangers trying to uncover some recent disturbances in the desert around Las Vegas after World War 3. Chock full of great dialogue and some brilliant tongue-in-cheek humour, matched only by some nail-biting combat when you realise that your heavy-weapons guy who is spraying the room with bullets suddenly develops a gun-jam. Drunks, weird worshippers of radiation, mutated desert dogs, secret bunkers, cyborgs, gang-members and even prostitutes roamed the desert towns - each seemingly with their own tale to tell. Nothing in nearly 25 years of gaming (straight back to my old Atari 2600 at the age of 6!) comes close to the impact that this game had on me.
D.

Monaro VXR
Couple games surprised are missing from the list.

Elite, Doom, Jet set willy / Manic miner.

Cant think of my top10 games but i spent many many hours playing jet set willy and manic miner as well as spy hunter the original on the spectrum.

T

thecremeegg

Battlefield 2, Sonic 2, Commander Keen, Doom, Half life 2 Gran Turismo 1-4, Metal gear solid (1&2) and Call of Duty