ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Tow eye :D

Clio Sport 182
Cheers D4ve!

My tow eye arrived today so i put it in when i got home from work!

Just as a trial run. . . excuse how dirty the car is!

20032008080.jpg

20032008081.jpg

Now im gonna paint it and the badge the same colour. . . .

My thoughts, red or luminous yellow

Opinions?

80MPG BEEZA
i got front and rear :) think the threads are knacked on car at the front the gonna get my tap n die set out tommorow :) gotta remove rear arch liners to as my r888's are catching lol and now needs coilovers lowering at the front

Clio Sport 182
i got front and rear :) think the threads are knacked on car at the front the gonna get my tap n die set out tommorow :) gotta remove rear arch liners to as my r888's are catching lol and now needs coilovers lowering at the front

Be carefull with that! mine was a bit of a pain to line up. . . but once it bit it went in a treat!

If your not very carefull when retapping you can do more damage than good sometines :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
To be honest, there not much good if you break down anyway, its illegal to tow on a rope, and if you hooked a solid bar up to it carnage would commence!!!

there are no more available i got less than I wanted from R sport, will hopefully have some made to available all the time very soon.

172 cup
To be honest, there not much good if you break down anyway, its illegal to tow on a rope, and if you hooked a solid bar up to it carnage would commence!!!

First time Ive heard that, how come you can buy tow ropes from places like Halfords.

Clio Sport 182
Smart tho someone will prob try and nick it..

I thought that, so im thinking m16 nut. . . Itll be a fidderly job but if i get the nut behind the bumper but in front of the threaded part of the car ill beable to lock it off. . .

If that makes any sence at all :p

Mondeo TDCI 130

First time Ive heard that, how come you can buy tow ropes from places like Halfords.

Well i had this discussion when i first heard about it, apparently its not illegal to tow on a rope out of a dangerous spot, say you stop on a roundabout, but once its out of harms way your not aloud to do it!

Hence you cant go to someones house to collect a car and tow it home, a rigid bar has to be used! Apparently!!

ST
Smart tho someone will prob try and nick it..

I thought that, so im thinking m16 nut. . . Itll be a fidderly job but if i get the nut behind the bumper but in front of the threaded part of the car ill beable to lock it off. . .

If that makes any sence at all :p

Fair enough mate but isn't it illegal to drive around with a towing eye installed??

E90
yes it is. But as that one doesn't stick out and is not the fixed type, then it may be ok. IMO towing hooks installed is tempting fate to blow your engine up. lol I put the TOW stickers on the bmw, and first lap of the ring this year it decided to mate with the armco LOL

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR

Well i had this discussion when i first heard about it, apparently its not illegal to tow on a rope out of a dangerous spot, say you stop on a roundabout, but once its out of harms way your not aloud to do it!

Hence you cant go to someones house to collect a car and tow it home, a rigid bar has to be used! Apparently!!

Rubbish! I towed my grandads car to the local garage on the tractor with some bailer twine!

ST
yes it is. But as that one doesn't stick out and is not the fixed type, then it may be ok. IMO towing hooks installed is tempting fate to blow your engine up. lol I put the TOW stickers on the bmw, and first lap of the ring this year it decided to mate with the armco LOL

I'd love to mate with you bent over an armco..

b/g 182, meg tourer
looks great. leaving mine un-painted without a doubt! need to get a locking nut for the back too.

b/g 182, meg tourer
D4VE on here was doing a group buy. no more left now tho. if you are able to wait i think he will be doing another one soon