ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Williams clio 2 needs help!!

Renault Clio Williams 2
Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with the Throttle Switch (red) which is attached to the throttle body on my Williams. My mechanic (who is pretty clued up on Renaults) believes this needs replacing but when he's looked into trying to purchase one he reckons they are no longer available and my only chance is e-bay. Can anyone confirm this?

A friend has also informed me that the 16V throttle switch is identical but again im not sure if this is correct as i understand the throttle switches also comes in black but these do not have the same fittings.

I suppose another option is to replace the whole throttle body but again these are hard to find and expensive.

At the moment i think im stuck until i can find somebody who is breaking a williams.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

John

give r-sport a call 020-8542-0042 , they used to deal with lots of these and will probably have a switch and throttle body.

ValverInBits
people break 16v clios all the time. The best forum too try for parts is Clio16valver.co.uk or just get one from ebay.
Also, ask renault about the part yourself, don't take someone elses word for it

ValverInBits
your right that they are the same part 16v/williams

An old part number that renault should be able to use is 77 01 203 513

Megane dci 130
Your better off getting a complete throttle body and just bolting that on. If you just get the sensor it has to be set up using specific instructions.