ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Yozza'd 182 on the rollers.

LY R26 #288
Where are you based?

I had this done at devil developments in littlehampton and they use a dynodynamics rolling road which IMO is the best type.

£42 all in for 3 power runs :)

Clio RS 182
youve missed a big point out though. look where his power tails off then look at mine. mine is holding a higher bhp for longer with hardly any drop off.

The point I was trying to make is that the RS tuner does what it says. Henk would not of developed a map that decreases peak performance, some one would found that out by now and ripped his product to sh!t.

There are so many factors that we dont no about thats why I said it would be much better if it was the same RR on the using the same car before and after RS tuning it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The point I was trying to make is that the RS tuner does what it says. Henk would not of developed a map that decreases peak performance, some one would found that out by now and ripped his product to sh!t.

There are so many factors that we dont no about thats why I said it would be much better if it was the same RR on the using the same car before and after RS tuning it.

well i know that. we were just comparing the graphs as you see them. a map doesnt magically create power, JRS182's map has sacrificed top end for mid range you can clearly see it. so using mine as a reference for all standard map 182's then you clearly see it reaches higher peak power and holds for longer. its upto the owner whether it feels better or worse, hence why tuners are always changing and updating maps.
having tried mapped RS i prefer without like i said earlier probably due to the extra top end. depends how you drive your car ultimately.

LY R26 #288
I don't think we can assume the map has sacrificed peak Power. As said it can only be compared if it's done on the same car, rollers, day.

What mods have you got kev?

Clio RS 182
well i know that. we were just comparing the graphs as you see them. a map doesnt magically create power, JRS182's map has sacrificed top end for mid range you can clearly see it. so using mine as a reference for all standard map 182's then you clearly see it reaches higher peak power and holds for longer. its upto the owner whether it feels better or worse, hence why tuners are always changing and updating maps.
having tried mapped RS i prefer without like i said earlier probably due to the extra top end. depends how you drive your car ultimately.

How do you mean by a map doesn't magically create power? lol. To someone who doesn't understand it, it seems like magic!

I posted a link earlier where -J- had his car RR'd before and after the RS Tuner map by an independent company and his increased at mid and peak.

How do come to the conclusion that the map has sacrificed top end for mid range? I would understand your comment if JRS182 posted a graph before and after the map and it showed that.

Now stripped 172 cup
Where are you based?

I had this done at devil developments in littlehampton and they use a dynodynamics rolling road which IMO is the best type.

£42 all in for 3 power runs :)

cheers mate

il get down there when my car is fixed

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I don't think we can assume the map has sacrificed peak Power. As said it can only be compared if it's done on the same car, rollers, day.

What mods have you got kev?

i dont have a 182 anymore i sold it. when i had it i only put a de cat and panal filter on as my cat got a hole in it and i got the filter for free. lol

would of been good to of seen a before and after on yours. theres a video on here somewhere of our rolling road day. ill try link it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
How do you mean by a map doesn't magically create power? lol. To someone who doesn't understand it, it seems like magic!

I posted a link earlier where -J- had his car RR'd before and after the RS Tuner map by an independent company and his increased at mid and peak.

How do come to the conclusion that the map has sacrificed top end for mid range? I would understand your comment if JRS182 posted a graph before and after the map and it showed that.

when comparing our 2 graphs taking away different rollers on different days, you can see his tails off top end. yeah?
when driving your car does your 182 feel like its tailing off at 6200? i know mine didnt.

think of an ecu with a load of numbers set for performance and mpg etc a remap changes these numbers so say to get more mid range youd lean it out so less mpg more performance but theres a comprimise. so there not magic. lol the extra performance was always there but renault put them in there for mpg and different power delivery etc

not saying im right this is only my perspective. lol

Clio RS 182
when comparing our 2 graphs taking away different rollers on different days, you can see his tails off top end. yeah?
when driving your car does your 182 feel like its tailing off at 6200? i know mine didnt.

think of an ecu with a load of numbers set for performance and mpg etc a remap changes these numbers so say to get more mid range youd lean it out so less mpg more performance but theres a comprimise. so there not magic. lol the extra performance was always there but renault put them in there for mpg and different power delivery etc

not saying im right this is only my perspective. lol

The thing is, The RS Tuner map also increases the rev limiter by 500rpm, why would Henk do this if his map decreased top end performance? Just doesn't make sense. And as mentioned, -J- had higher top end power after installing the RS Tuner?

Regarding the MPG you talk about, people have noticed an increase in MPG after installing the map, lol. fuk knows how that works but its apparently so.

LY R26 #288
It has improved my mpg. I saw 46mpg the other day on a long steady run. I could get 42 max before the map. And I seem to get a nice steady 35mpg during the week when commuting etc.

I think the standard map probably wastes fuel by running too rich. The performance map uses the fuel more efficiently I reckon.

Clio RS 182
It has improved my mpg. I saw 46mpg the other day on a long steady run. I could get 42 max before the map. And I seem to get a nice steady 35mpg during the week when commuting etc.

I think the standard map probably wastes fuel by running too rich. The performance map uses the fuel more efficiently I reckon.

Could be the case, Also the fact the standard map causes the car to accelerate erratically (as shown on the RR Graphs) may cause overfueling in place.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The thing is, The RS Tuner map also increases the rev limiter by 500rpm, why would Henk do this if his map decreased top end performance? Just doesn't make sense. And as mentioned, -J- had higher top end power after installing the RS Tuner?

Regarding the MPG you talk about, people have noticed an increase in MPG after installing the map, lol. fuk knows how that works but its apparently so.

the extra rpm is over rev for corners so you dont get caught between gears. doesnt mean theres power there. look at the grapgh it shows the power dropping at 6200rpm.