ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Yozza'd Arctic 182 (Its been a while!)

LY R26 #288
Well its been a while since I've posted any pics or updates. So here goes!

My Clio was looking a bit sorry for itself, it hadn't been cleaned for months. I think I lost the love a bit! So I ordered up some gear from CleanYourCar (great service!) to give her a good old clean up.

My kit consisted of:

Chemical guys citrus wash and gloss shampoo
Meguiars smooth surface clay kit
AutoGlym Super Resin Polish
Nattys blue paste wax
Ironx
AutoGlym Alloy Wheel Seal
Meguairs endurance tyre shine
Meguiars NXT metal polish
Meguairs NXT glass cleaner

8257819266_0bc19c1917_z.jpg

IMG_0325 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Some pics of the cleaning process...

8256748675_f9fcbb16e7_z.jpg

IMG_0327 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8257817300_4cfdc322b4_z.jpg

IMG_0329 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8256746911_efddfc2c61_z.jpg

IMG_0331 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8256746001_49761d1bd4_z.jpg

IMG_0333 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8257813528_a5846053a1_z.jpg

IMG_0337 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8257814432_cd94e38dcc_z.jpg

IMG_0335 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8257812410_017859597f_z.jpg

IMG_0339 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

It was fairly grubby! not the worst but bad enough. I was running short on time so didn't photograph all the stages but heres the finished result

8257811400_cecbc56ccf_z.jpg

IMG_0349 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

And some photos I took later that night with a half decent camera!....

8257834240_5be6a642fb_z.jpg

1 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8257832464_2b63d289d3_z.jpg

2 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8256760799_4a48cde0a1_z.jpg

3 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8256758435_96e5033d1d_z.jpg

4 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8257826154_98b1df762c_z.jpg

5 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8257824010_9c2ac010e9_z.jpg

6 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

8256752661_5d8072f6cb_z.jpg

7 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

I'm really happy with the way it looks and drives now and the love is definately back now I've fixed a few niggly things and got a Ktec induction kit on it. Sounds crazy!.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Looks nice mate, IMO your crazy leaving it up on a trolly jack tho!!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looking nice. I've cleaned mine today with my mate and used iron x and meguiars clay kit. First time with using both.
Finished off with using meguiars 205 polish? (Was my mates)
Used this with his DA polisher.
Then applied zaino z5
Then finished it all off with zaino z8

Was so impressed with the end product. Never seen it so shiny. So happy. Think arctic blue is a rewarding colour.
Here's a couple of pics under petrol station light :)

ejuqe3yh.jpg

muvuma6y.jpg

eqyhyjyb.jpg

Debadged the renaultsport badge on rear too.

LY R26 #288
Awesome! Do mine?
Why?! yours is probably still cleaner than mine even after all that work lol!.

Looks nice mate, IMO your crazy leaving it up on a trolly jack tho!!
Thanks. Yeah it had four axel stands underneath it :)

Great work mate, it looks awesome!

Lovely - definitely needed a clean!

Thanks, its far from perfect but I'm really pleased with how its cleaned up. Last time I waxed it was well over a year ago :(

LY R26 #288
Looking nice. I've cleaned mine today with my mate and used iron x and meguiars clay kit. First time with using both.
Very nice results, wish I had access to a DA!. How did you find the meguiars clay?.

Some good pics there aswell Joe. You still got your old camera or you got a new one?
Yeah still got the old Fuji Finepix S5600. Its knocking on now though. Have to tweak all my photos to get the colour in them. lol.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Thought the meguiars clay was awesome. Never Clayed a car before so I was really impressed by it all. Iron x is great stuff too but it really does stink.

LY R26 #288
wow never seen your car clean before lol ;) looking good tho mate
Lol. Thats because its always ruined by the time I get round the M25 to any of the meets!. haha

Thought the meguiars clay was awesome. Never Clayed a car before so I was really impressed by it all. Iron x is great stuff too but it really does stink.
I've never clayed a car before either, it didn't feel like it was doing much on most of the car. It was mainly on the low parts of the doors, and back that had all the crap stuck to it. And yes Iron x stinks, and its amazing how long it takes for the smell to go aswell.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I can still smell it on hands etc now and I've cleaned them loads since.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I want a ktec induction kit so bad. Struggling to justify the cost though. :( bet it's worth it though

LY R26 #288
looks lovely!

Decatted yozza and k-tec induction kit? FML i bet that sounds insane
haha. Its a bit shouty yeah! lol. Its a bit much for day to day driving but its amazing when "its on song" as Dr Jekyll says lol.

I want a ktec induction kit so bad. Struggling to justify the cost though. :( bet it's worth it though
Quality piece of kit. Its expensive but sounds great and is good quality.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm still yet to get the wheels off and do them properly. Would be good, mine need a refurb anyway.

LY R26 #288
I'm still yet to get the wheels off and do them properly. Would be good, mine need a refurb anyway.

I had a lot to do Saturday so it was a half hearted effort, my front wheels are covered in cv grease where my cv boots leaked, so I guess I need some gunk to get that off. And ideally need some tardis as there was a lot of stubborn tar inside the rim which I couldn't remove.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've ordered induction kit last night off ktec. How long did yours take to come?

LY R26 #288
Haha well done. Depends what colour you ordered and what they have in stock? Don't think you'll regret it.

I ordered black which they had in stock and it was with me within two days.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've ordered a blue one. They called today saying they are waiting for blue hoses to come in within next few days then they will post. So fingers crossed its here by end of week :)

LY R26 #288
Could have put it back down again before taking the pictures ;) needs lowering man!

I'm really tempted to go down the sportline or cooksport route. I just don't want to ruin the ride or handelling.

I'd love coilovers but it seems that a half decent set is well out of my price range.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Improves handling by fitting sport lines or cooksport springs. I would go for it. I don't regret them one bit.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The sportlines, the cooksports were still under testing when I ordered mine. I like the stance the eibachs give but the cooksports give a better all round drop.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's definitely worth it. 100%. Just waiting on my induction kit now. Can't wait

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I hope it does come before the weekend. Is it straightforward to fit? Take old air box out. Fit the new kit?

LY R26 #288
Fairly. I did mine in the cold and dark but there's a bit of messing about.

You gotta remove the feed from the acoustic valve. That's what took the time. I couldn't get the pipe off the acoustic valve. Ended up taking the wheel off and doing it that way.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think mine may already be removed. As when I cleaned filter in air box before the cold air feed for the underside was removed. So fingers crossed.

LY R26 #288
Yeah that's the easy one to remove. It's the one on the side of the airbox that's tricky. It does just pull off but mine didn't wanna budge.