ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N/a engine rebuild, what mods ?

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Just picked up a ph1 172 engine and I’m about to strip down ready for a rebuild but what upgrades/mods do you recommend?

I don’t want to run itb’s as it will be in a daily and touring Europe and I’m not chasing big bhp figures.

Your opinions please?

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
I was planning, 182 manifold, port and polished inlet , v6 airbox ported head ( now a 182 head) group n timing, arp bolts, pas and air con delete and a session with Chris at Efi, am I barking up the wrong tree or would that be a good engine set up?

dan's cast offs.
that's getting there. depends on your budget as well. i would just get the ports tidied up a bit, deshroud the valves and skim it a fair bit to bring cr back up.

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
I don’t have a budget but then I don’t want to spend thousands seeing as it’s not a race engine. So Bloke, what would be your set up if you were me? ?

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn’t bother messing with the head too much.
Supertech valves and springs if budget allows.
ARP rod bolts as you’ve already planned.
Megan bottom pulley (keyed)
And everything else as you already planned. Group N timing and 182 manifold.
If you can stretch to an exhaust as well then you’ll get the best from a remap and should have a strong, reliable engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan's cast offs.
rob has pretty much summed it up. get the compression up will help it get some decent power as well.

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Skim the head.
Could change the pistons too, but head is alot cheaper to skim. All depends what kind of ratio you're after.