ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N.E. / Yorkshire Rolling Road day Results

Ph1
Hey at the end of the day a Rolling Road is never going to be 100% accurate we all know that, there are so many variables (as has been pointed out) that can be altered by the RR operator to give almost any result. Also the result given is power at the flywheel which is a calculation based on the predicted losses through the transmission etc etc...

So to sit here and say they are too high or too low is really a waste of time.

What it does give you is a very good comparison between the cars that ran on the day, plus it was great crack and a chance to meet other members :)

The best way to prove your power is to put your car on the 1/4 mile, terminals never lie! Although most people on here would rather sit and nitpick!!

Carry on!

Think the point a few are making is the rollers dont appear to be just 'out', their WELL out :nono:

Agree with the last point, its on the road or track that counts.

A

ashy_gtt

Think the point a few are making is the rollers dont appear to be just 'out', their WELL out :nono:

Agree with the last point, its on the road or track that counts.

Well out?

182's makeing 185 - 189? thats about 2% - 5% high
255 V6 making 240 ish? Down on power
P1 172 making 160 ish? Down on power
F4R 2.0 16v T tunning 10psi making 238bhp isnt that what Ryan K's made at similar boost?
R5's are a difficult thing to judge, but if you see some of the trap speeds that are currently being achieved on the C1J's at the moment 110 - 125mph then 200 - 300hp is undeniably achievable!

A

ashy_gtt

Should get a 1/4 mile meet CSvRTOC! ;)

We have mate, we book Santa Pod for a day every year this year is Friday
29-05-2009, maybe CS.net could come along with some of the big power cars and have a head to head?

Focus ST
I'll come to that...

Please note - I'll probably stall and end up running a 40 seconds 1/4 mile

ph1 172
182's makeing 185 - 189? thats about 2% - 5% high
255 V6 making 240 ish? Down on power
P1 172 making 160 ish? Down on power

i think the point being made is that most of them out of the factory are down by 5%, so reading 5% too high is in reality 10% which is quite a lot.

Focus ST
Even though they had mods...

The 182 Trophy had an exhaust which the company claimed added 12bhp

182cup/D40/Hornet
We have mate, we book Santa Pod for a day every year this year is Friday
29-05-2009, maybe CS.net could come along with some of the big power cars and have a head to head?

Sounds good to me,I'll be there with my 186 nah sorry my 167.4 ponies!,I'll have abit crack with Marky Mark as I'm sure he'll be going

A

ashy_gtt

Sounds good to me,I'll be there with my 186 nah sorry my 167.4 ponies!,I'll have abit crack with Marky Mark as I'm sure he'll be going

Aye Mark will be there, get your tent and BBQ's ready LOL!!