ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N/W FCS Convoy Sunday 13th June

172 with k-tec sound
right guys and girls, me and da are looking to organise a convoy for those travelling down to fcs on sunday morning,
we will be heading down the m6 from the n/w so we can call at services along that route to meet up ect.
if your"e interested put your name down and we will get something sorted.
could be a very early start, but will get times up ect closer to the date.

1. clio carl
2. da

Last edited:

Da

Less
Re: N/W fcs convoy sunday 13 june

Heading down the M6 generally joining it at J29 or maybe a little lower if no one needs us up that high.

Lymm is usually the first port of call, but this will be decided by who wants to join us and where :)

Lee, usual place if you're coming this year? ;)

If you add your names to the list please put your location too, relative to the M6.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Might join up with you guys then, could make it a joint club convoy with some of the NW Williams Clio lot?

We would be getting on the M6 junction ftom the M56 whichever one that is lol

Da

Less
Yeah sure, sounds good! Keep an eye on this thread and we'll sort something out.

BMW E36 328
i may be driving down on the day, there doesnt seem to be that much interest going down the night before

Da

Less
Ok, this is what we normally do -

I am planning on leaving my house at 3.45am meaning I should be around Charnock Richard area for about 4.15am for those in that area. Will hang around for 10 - 15 mins but will leave at 4.30am at the latest!

Then onto Lymm, aiming to be there for 5.00am and again will loiter for 15 minutes tops to leave at 5.15am.

From Lymm we will (obviously) be heading South towards J17 (Sandbach) for around 5.45am.
Now I'm not certain but is there a South-bound services at Sandbach or is it just North-bound? Either way will meet people there (somehow) and then head straight down to FCS directly.

From Charnock services, according to the RAC, the journey should take us approx 3 hours, so if we add in 30mins for stopping at services etc then I would hope we'd arrive at FCS around 7.30 - 8.00am.

Total journey from my home to FCS, without stops, is listed as 3 hours 50minutes!

If I have missed an area out please get in touch and I will amend times/places accordingly.

Oh and I'm not fully 100% on the route once we leave the M6 so will be checking up on this, but if anyone wishes to take the lead then feel free!

And the times are generally as follows -

M65 J5 3.55am

Charnock Richard for about 4.15am

Lymm, for about 5.00am

J17 (Sandbach) for about 5.45am

Feel free to add your names in the relevant section if you want to join the convoy :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I usually go down the A41 between chester and Bham, much better than the M6..
Also, is 7.30 early enough for the stand?

1. clio carl
2. da
3. aucky

Da

Less
We stick to the M6 mainly because it's easier for meeting points etc.

As far as I'm aware as long as we're on the stand before 9am then we'll be fine.

Da

Less
What Cal? The show? It's on till 5pm I think but you can leave as soon as you want to.

Da

Less
Where you gonna be meeting us Cal mate?

Add your names in the relevant sections below -

M65 J13 3.45am

Darren
Carl

Charnock Richard for about 4.15am

Lymm, for about 5.00am

J17 (Sandbach) for about 5.45am

Black Clio GT
what sort of speeds you guys go at??

i cant stand convoys if people hero off at 1 million miles an hour then stamp on the brakes until people catch up and weave in and out of the convoy.

if i go down with you lot im quite happy to lead the convoy from last services as tom tom will show us the way but im afraid it will be cruise control at 64mph or not at all ;-)

Da

Less
We don't 'hoon off' mate, not into that at all :)

As long as we make good time then there's no need to be pushing the limits.

Civic Type S GT
No 'hooning off' deffo! Petrol being a massive reason. Nice cool convoy, get some heads turning then on the way. :cool:

Black Clio GT
We don't 'hoon off' mate, not into that at all :)

As long as we make good time then there's no need to be pushing the limits.

sound, just need to convince the mrs it will be a nice day out lol, got her a ticket and everything......

Civic Type S GT
sound, just need to convince the mrs it will be a nice day out lol, got her a ticket and everything......

It will be a good day out! Fingers crossed weather is going to be awesome to then I can impress you all with my sexy legs whilst sporting some shorts!:cool: