ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Named exhaust systems over independent custom creation

Iceberg Ph2 172
Not sure if the titles any good, had no idea what to put.

Well basically i have a cheap after market 'standard' exhaust from mid back, and its fitted poorly and blows i'm sure. So only a few miles away from me is a guy who runs a shop fabricating boxes and fitting them to a very high standard, kinda loud, but of mild or stainless steel and guaranteed work.
I want the pops and bangs map in time, so i know i need de-cat and a louder exhaust, but what i need to know is will i be losing any potential power going with this guy over one of the favored brands?

SQ5
I wouldn't get him to make a decat. I'd buy a decent decat pipe, even the ktec one isn't bad.

Then get him to build from there, don't use mild steel either, and I'd put a back box on and a middle box if you want to keep the noise down, and get it built from 2.5" tubing.