ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples MK1 Track car project

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Looking good mate! The interior looked quite smart before you removed it but obviously no good for what you will be using the car for.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Love this! :) Nice updates, im sure you will be flying past me on some Clio trackdays next year lol :D

Mk1 F4R
Looking good mate! The interior looked quite smart before you removed it but obviously no good for what you will be using the car for.

I like the leather seats but they got to go so they will be up for sale soon
hopefuly will be getting the buckets in this weekend and then a few more thing to be done before next friday for marham :D

Love this! :) Nice updates, im sure you will be flying past me on some Clio trackdays next year lol :D

Well ill give it a good try 1.8 power ftw (atm)

PING!!! PING!! PONG!! PINGGG!! *Flames* lol

Looking good dude...

Yep thats the one winston its so cool watching thing at night light up in the rear veiw mirror :rasp:
and pi55ing chavs off to thats good also
Nearly killed myself the other day after fiting the maniold as i sprayed it with high temp paint and there was smoke everywere when i was driving, i had to get out for some fresh air lol

Mk1 F4R
Dont worry the rest is coming out later
how do i take the seats out? so i can take the carpet out
do i need to take the top dash out to get to the 2 pillar plastics out on the windscreen

yes, its only 5 torx screws.....3 along top and two on ends lol.

seats....on the outside, nearest the door, the two bolts holding it to chassis are on top (torx I think), on the inside they are under the car (13mm).....and no you cant lend the jack go and buy one, LOL.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
dead easy with a dewalt cordless impact gun lol :rasp:

i hated fitting my seats, i took the seat mounting crossmembers out and bolted the seat to the floor and i still hit the top of my crash helmet on the roof, poor peltor helmet:(, got to move it back an inch also as its still not a comfortable driving position yet, hoping that fixes it as the wings are only an inch from the main hoop as it is....,thinking i should have bought a bigger car lol

BMW M5 & E36
I have seats with wings issues too, damn small car and cage. Should have bought some normal seats instead.

Good work burr.

Mk1 F4R
little update
Just been out and got some bars to weld to the floor, 4 in total
2" wide, 2 1/2 foot long, 5mm thick wanted 3mm but they didnt have any all 4 for £10 cant grumble. Got some nuts for the harness bolt eyes 7/16 thread.
Also picked up some paint for the new wheels when they come just a tester atm, phlorescent green paint lol will see wot it looks like befor i do all 4 wheels,
any one got any ideas of what colour wheels will look good with naples red?
picked 2 new front badges up to so not a bad day shopping :D

PIC_0355.jpg

PIC_0354.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Just booked the renault sport day at oulton park £150 well spent if you ask me
hopefully ill have alot more done to the car by then, 172 widetrack, dash out, heater unit out, cut alot out of the wiring loom and ather things too

JDM Dc2
Just booked the renault sport day at oulton park £150 well spent if you ask me
hopefully ill have alot more done to the car by then, 172 widetrack, dash out, heater unit out, cut alot out of the wiring loom and ather things too

glad you got that booked mate altho im gutted you aint doin the one on the friday before like me and possibly jord!

Mk1 F4R
These arrived on friday lastweek OZ F1 wheels and tyres £100 off ebay not bad, two of the tyres are part worn and 2 are new but not any good make

Picture002.jpg

PIC_0371.jpg

Sprayed the front badge in the fluorescent green, im thinking of doin the wheels this colour for a little while then ill get them powder coated when i find the right colour not to sure if the fluorescent green goes to well we will see when the wheels are done

PIC_0364.jpg

Alot more striping took place too started off by taking out the seats so i could remove the carpet and underlay, i have left one of the seats out so i can cut the bars to shape and then have them welded in.

Picture003.jpg

sunday afternoon started to take out the sound deadening from the footwells and the boot floor and there was more than i thought and there was some weight in it too when i bagged it up

PIC_0356.jpg

PIC_0357.jpg

PIC_0358.jpg

PIC_0359.jpg

This was the all of the sound deadening

PIC_0362.jpg

Just needs cleaning up with some white spirits
Yesterday i picked up some phs 1 rear lights courteous of snick so thanks for those mate

PIC_0366.jpg

The bars for welding in are now cut so ill be geting them welded sometime this week and test fited the bucket seat

PIC_0367.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Told you it wasnt bolted in but you still persisted on having a ride lol
Then you nearly banged your head as i put my foot down :rasp:
You was told

Mk1 F4R
Got some new stickers today one clio sport sticker and one rigupracing in the same colour as the car, i have painted the engine mount cover in naples red look alot better than it did, all faded and going white, i think the engine bay looks quite smart now its been tided up

PIC_0373.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Litte update as i didnt have time before marham

Late on thursday night i had the seat bars welded in and then put the seat and sidemouns in, wot a difference it makes with proper seats that hold you in it makes
The other seat was put in at whitleys house as i hade to take a bonnet down for him wot a pain in the bottom it was, we tried so many combinations to get it in and the best way was to leave the passanger seat out.

PIC_0394.jpg

PIC_0398.jpg

PIC_0402.jpg

PIC_0395.jpg

Decided to spary the wheels a different colour wasnt to sure wot to do, whent to the local paint shop and came out with a fluorescent green wasnt to sure about it at first but i think for the track wheels they dont look to bad

Started off by Cleaning the wheels with Wounder wheels, they came up pritty well

PIC_0374.jpg

PIC_0375.jpg

PIC_0376.jpg

All 4 done and looking clean

PIC_0377.jpg

Started to mask up the tyres so i wouldnt paint them

PIC_0379.jpg

but as you can see in the next pic that didnt really work lol
came out really good just needed laquering

PIC_0380.jpg

I got 2 cans of the green paint 300mm and i could only get 3 wheels out of it and needed to get all four out of them, the paint shop saved me again on thursday as i would of been going to marham with 3 wheels painted and on primered lol

PIC_0383.jpg

All 4 wheels are now painted and looking good

pic of the wheels on the car (wot do people think to the colour and the choise of the track wheels)

PIC_0407.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Had a great weekend at Marham with the cs lot
Got through the weekend without any major problems apart from the piston rings are going and i have low compression and there being blue smoke when i put my foot down, the car did me proud and got me home, only purchased RAC on the friday thankfully i didnt have to use them

Here a few pics and a video

DSC_1303.jpg

DSC_1304.jpg

DSC_15041.jpg

DSC_15201.jpg

SG1L50691.jpg

SG1L51001.jpg

SG1L51171-1.jpg

Only got one vid as i only got batterys for it at the end of sunday
At one part i try and keep up with whitely lol few drifts :D

[youtube]k_Pz7g4MmD8[/youtube]

BMW M5 & E36
6.30 in your video, I was having a drag with that M3 down the straight, neither of us wanted to be the first to brake and he went straight on :D

Mk1 F4R
I know lol i was trying to keep up with you after that
You can tell from the cars back end steping out i was pushing the car as hard as it would go without killing myself on those crap spax springs/dampers need 172 widetrack and coilovers NOW...

Mk1 F4R
lol cant believe you got black flagged for so called undertaking on the bends, it was the people that were out on there nice easy sunday drive :rasp:
You hardcore racer lol

Mk1 F4R
the one on the door fell off and someone drove over it lol

Thanks again jamie...... NOT

looks like a well good day out

what happened to your bump strips, there only on in the first pic?

Was going down the runway and it came off wasnt expecting it to be the one off the door, i was expecting the rear one to fall off as it was loose and some how it stayed on till i took it off

This is wot it looks like now

PIC_0409.jpg

Lol, like this, not sure on the wheels, but looks like a great fun drive on track :)

It was good day but i think the suspension is crap, needs changing soon, the wheels i am going to do them another colour soon something different for oulton park on the 17th november andyone got any ideas?