ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nathj's JDM civic progress thread...

Range Rover sport
Lots of effort for a non-R model! Looks great though!

JDM/Anni seats and gearknob next?

If you put Rotas on it, may JDMGod strike you down with Shuriken.

hmm might not be a non-R model for long depending how things plan out and funds at the end of the year.
coilovers definitely next , been trying to find black/red anni seats or just red but cant seem to find any anywhere :(

Think i might keep these wheels for a while depending on how it looks when its all finished.

Great work, love how much effort has gone into it, I am another who is jealous of your profession!
Cheers mate, not finished yet , so still alot of hard work to go.
Mate that's ace!

I thought it would look nice when you originally mentioned it, but I thought I was in the JDM appreciation thread skipping back and too not paying attention! :eek:

Definitely though, lights wheels and other bits, will be the tits dangles.

How is Cal? Staying out of trouble?

Ye cal is fine, haha know him too well .. doesn't stay out of trouble had a cracking weekend.
How are you ?

ooof yes, I'll let you do the 172 - yes I know it'll be an honour for you ;)

haha keep getting so many e-mails over cs and facebook with people asking me to paint there cars white lol.

Range Rover sport
Right been a few weeks since ive updated anything with the car but ive had other things on my mind, got a few things this week nothing massive but just a few things to make it look tastefull.
Had it booked in wednesday for tints and was very pleased with the, , got new side decals and a front badge , orderd new rear lights but there yet to arrive, just waiting on seats and coilovers in the next week or too ..

tinted windows and vtec side decals , not the best pictures but didnt have much time
P7212571.jpg

front si logo :p

P7242580.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The front end looks amazing, but the square rear plate ruins the what could be amazing rear.

Range Rover sport
The front end looks amazing, but the square rear plate ruins the what could be amazing rear.
was thinking that bit bored of rear plate now but just did it since thats how the jdm model is, think it looks bare because theres no badges or stickers on the back to tie into it.

get the wheels done as wheel. jdm ep3s are stunning in all white
there bronze at moment and all other jdms have white wheels lol i might do the fn2 wheels in white if i do decide to change the colour

G51 BEN
Looks amazing! so its a 1.6 Sport then? Im confused as somebody said it was a Type S, unless you got the kit seperately?

Not too sure on the front Si badge but other than that looks pretty damn tasty

Turbos.
Was going to say don't do the tints...but you've already done them! I just think it makes cars look like vans when they have a heavy rear tint.

I like it in white, but needs the older rear lights like you've said. Unless you can get parts dirt cheap, i wouldn't be spending (wasting) thousands on making it a complete replica.

Anyone know the difference between A) Standard Civic and UK Type R and B) UKDM vs JDM?

I spoke to a guy who used to work at a Honda dealer and he said when they originally got a few EP3s to evaluate from Japan, they sent them back saying they were too hardcore! The UKDM had lots more soundproofing etc, but would be interested to know the detail differences...

Charged Superleggera
the jdm ep3's were actually made in the uk and shipped to japan but were never sold here. the jdm ep3 came in champonship white and had recaro seats as standard. Ukdm version has 200bhp and jdm has 212bhp due to different cams, intake, exhaust ect. Biggest difference was that it came with lsd as standard aswell as less sound deadening and a different map for jap fuel, which i guess made it more 'hardcore' than the ukdm version. Another difference ofcourse was that the jdm ep3 like all jap cars was limited to 112mph where as the uk version did 145mph.

Range Rover sport
Looks amazing! so its a 1.6 Sport then? Im confused as somebody said it was a Type S, unless you got the kit seperately?

Not too sure on the front Si badge but other than that looks pretty damn tasty
yeh its a sport mate , didnt have to fit any kit as the ep2 (sport civic) comes with everything the type r does exept spoiler , wheels and seats , plus engine ovs lol .

i like the si badge needed something couldnt just go get sport badges all over it.

i love civics and thats definitely probably the nicest ive seen, and a good read too

cheers mate means alot :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
get the jdm rear badge for it... its a little union jack for some reason.

Range Rover sport
Finaly got off my arse and fitted my ph1 rear lights, been sat in the box all week .

started off with 2 cans of red bull and weyhey off i went lol..

P8072588.jpg

whipped the bumper off

P8072590.jpg

swapped the lights over and wired up the reverse light ..

P8072590.jpg

bumper back on and looks 10 times better

P8072594.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
A million times better!

But I'm guessing to change the bulbs u need to take the bumper off as well? what a Ballache!

Range Rover sport
A million times better!

But I'm guessing to change the bulbs u need to take the bumper off as well? what a Ballache!

can do the bulbs by opening the pannel inside the boot mate but to take the ligths off you have to take the bumper which is only a 2 second job but its still a ballache compaired to how easy it is in a clio

Range Rover sport
I love this car!
spot on work, your a lucky guy being able to spray it yourself

cheers mate :p means alot , just cant wait for payday but all i seem to be doing is wasting my money on cars these days ..

recaro seats , manifold , de cat , remap and upgraded ecu next pay day so will be loads to update

Range Rover sport
Got a few pictures after a nice clean wash to show of the shine .. needs a good polish though , wil borrow the machine buffer from work next weekend i think
icon_biggrin.gif

P8102746.jpg

P8102757.jpg

anyway not sure wether i like the bronze wheels anymore ?? what you guys think i was thinking paitn them champ white ??

heres a picture of how the wheels look now .. i think white will look best ?

BRONZE ?

P8102752.jpg

_8082664.jpg

OR WHITE ?

1030284468_dbf1a85941_o.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6
Wow looking brilliant!

Would defo make my head turn when I overtake.

Keep It up ;)

PSJ.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Was going to say don't do the tints...but you've already done them! I just think it makes cars look like vans when they have a heavy rear tint.

I like it in white, but needs the older rear lights like you've said. Unless you can get parts dirt cheap, i wouldn't be spending (wasting) thousands on making it a complete replica.

Anyone know the difference between A) Standard Civic and UK Type R and B) UKDM vs JDM?

I spoke to a guy who used to work at a Honda dealer and he said when they originally got a few EP3s to evaluate from Japan, they sent them back saying they were too hardcore! The UKDM had lots more soundproofing etc, but would be interested to know the detail differences...

Loads.

Mechanical LSD.
Beefier ARB.
Hydraulic rack, rather than the gashy EPS on the UK model.
Different fuel map for higher RON fuel.
CW was an option. As were red Recaros.
Union Jack on the back, since they're all made in Swindon.
Higher-rate springs.
Less sound deadening.
Less restrictive cat.

Loads more too. JDM EP's are great cars.

It's a shame we get the watered down versions all the time. Same story with the current generation.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Honda's are the only car i believe look good in white...Evo's too i suppose...They were always white, before it got all cool and now hugely passe! (Anyone with a white car now, lacks imagination)

Prefer the JDM EP3 to the intergra tbh!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
White wheels look shat compared witht he bronze mate.

They always looks a yellowy colour and will be dirty in 2 minutes.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
White wheels look great. And they're OE.

I've had white wheels for three years, and they're still as bright as the day they were new.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Same old story tho, if you look after your stuff it will serve you well and look good...If you do trackdays, and not wash them for wks on end they'll look as dirty as some of the cleepers on her.