ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nats RB 182..

RB + LY 182 FF
So I sold my BG this week and got myself a RB 182 FF
Picked it up late Thursday night

The White stickers and stripes were enough to put anyone off without even looking at the 17 inch oz alloys.. I think I got it at a bargain price either way.

Got it with both keys, Full service history... and noisey dephaser! ( both belts changed last month but not dephaser)
So I have it booked in on the 12/1/15 with SC Autos for cambelt and dephaser change.

This weekend I removed the stripes and tinted windows, gave it a good clean inside and out, restored the headlights too and fitted the heko deflectors. Looks better already

I have acquired a few things for the car which will be arriving over the next few days....

Cup Turinis will be getting them refurbed and sprayed. ( not sure on colour yet )
Recaros trendlines
Silvertec bulbs for rear
Smaller Arial
Standard stereo
Updated rear badge
Rear number plate night replaced as current one is more yellow than clear.
Gear knob insert updated as previous is faded
Awaiting private plate 3/4 size.

Looking forward to the 17s coming off this week and currently the car is on eibach springs which when your used to bilsteins it's hard to adjust.. So at some point over the next 3 months the suspension will be changed.

Will update as and when the above products start to arrive..

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
  RB + LY 182 FF
Me too.. It handles terrible on the 17s.. Ain't a clue why anyone would put them on.
Slowly but surely new bits are arriving from ebay..
New gear knob insert with RB .. Little extra touch to the inside.

This one has seen better days.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Taken the aftermarket stereo out and tried update list unit.. Which as I'm on 54 plate it doesn't work.. Just managed to purchase the multichanger ( genuine alpine/ renault) actually used it a lot in my old 172 so glad I managed to get one cheap.

The turinis are due this week. Going to spray them mid space grey colour.. Not keen on the anthracite.. Lovely colour just very popular.. And would like this to look a little different.

Will upload more pics at the weekend. ( hopefully with wheels fitted )

RB + LY 182 FF
This week I had it in with SC Autos in Bolton. Full cambelt inc aux belt, dephaser and tensioner.
Did fantastic job and car sounds and drives fantastic.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Even gave it a clean

image.jpg

This weekend I plan on fitting some temporary 172 alloys just until the turinis are refurbed and resprayed. Not keen on the 17s.

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Looking good I love tasteful mods on these clios. Just a quick question how much did you pay for the cambelt and bits change in Bolton ?

RB + LY 182 FF
Iain as above the wheels are temp, they came with the car and turinis are going in this weekend.

Full job was £500 and worth every penny.

RB + LY 182 FF
Possibly I live in worsley and work in salford.always on the lancs

Got new RS badge and smaller arial arrive today.
Even recieved the cup turinis..

Had planned to do them myself , never refurbed wheels before let alone spray. Got paint ordered this morning and tonight had them done..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Happy with the colour, will fit them in the morning.

image.jpg

RB + LY 182 FF
image.jpg
By No means perfect but happy with my first attempt and had enough of the 17s even tho I only owned the car 10 days I'm happy with the way it's going
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  E46 M3 182FF & 530i
Looks good, Turini's will make a massive difference! Could swear I have you on Instagram too, I recognize the car!

RB + LY 182 FF
Ain't on there yet Jamie ..

Turinis on.. Going to put air in few of the tyres now and take for little drive
will handle a lot better than the 17s

Got the caps to fit yet too
image.jpg

RB + LY 182 FF
I agree. It poured down today when fitting the wheels so left calipers. I plan paint them black as these wheels are coming off in April... They will either go white or fit schmidt modernlines in silver.

Not keen on dark wheels tbh just needed quick fix
Also got new rear badge to fit and remove the standard one. Hopefully will get round to that job tomorrow

RB + LY 182 FF
Had the kitchen door wide open during spraying and windows all night...froze all night too lol

Didn't want anthracite but the colour I ordered came out darker than expected.. Has a lovely solid space grey look to it tho. I'm happy with the result. Gave it a good clean today.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
looking brilliant.. what paint colour and what steps after sanding it back did you take?

RB + LY 182 FF
Not sure on paint colour, went in and picked from a sample, was middle rang from silver to anthracite
had vision in mind of mid grey, wanted light than anthracite and tho they look dark they are light or more solid grey than anthracite. I'm really happy with them.

Turned down trophy wheels over these cup alloys as I didn't want spacers.
Got the multichanger to fit and recaros this week.

RB + LY 182 FF
Never sprayed in my life.. Wheels came out ok, asked my dad for quick guide and he offered do them. Wanted attempt myself.. Used his dremmel and sanding paper in area.. By no means perfect but was in rush get the 17s off.. ( will get pro job done in summer as I have few cans spare of this colour )
After sanding , few coats of primer, few of this colour then laquer.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks like a nice clean example. do you happen to know what ET your turini's are? I have a set to go on but was hoping to get away without the use of spacers.

Saw you a few times on the east lancs in the BG, haven't noticed the RB yet.

RB + LY 182 FF
Loved my BG .

I opted for the cup ones. Had provisionally bought trophy ones and was told they not as wide. Are the cup ones 38.5? I am no use with wheel sizes etc.
I live in worsley so it's usually around. I'm always in Bolton too. Where abouts are u

RB + LY 182 FF
If you have cup ones u may not want spacers. I'm happy with how it looks.i get people want pack the wheels out but I'd rather not use spacers.

RB + LY 182 FF
thanks guys. Calipers will get changed when I get chance, don't mind the yellow calipers for now.
image.jpg

RB + LY 182 FF
Not too far then, shocked I ain't see u about, when I had my BG I rarely seen any other 182. The occasional 172.