ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new camera

I'd like a new compact camera as mine is 3 years old, and I find it lacking in certain features, although I think it's a brilliant camera. (Exilim ex-z30)

I use it mainly for holiday pics, car pics, and random party pics. I generally just always use the scene modes on the camera for what ever pic I'm taking, but mine has a limited amount.

I would like to be able to adjust the shutter and apeture manually if possible.

Would also like more than a 3x zoom, but that's about the limit on a compact, apart from a few. I don't know whether the it's worth paying the extra for a better zoom, as 99% of the time photo's will be taken without a tripod so at 10x zoom, it would be hard work holding it still.

Have been looking at the Fuji Finepix F31fd, which seems quite good, though a little big. Would like the update to mine though, Casio Exilim Ex-z1050, as it's small like mine.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
New Ricoh R6 has been getting very good reviews and has 7.1x optical zoom

Last edited:
I'm going for a Pansonic tz3, not sure if that's the sort of thing your looking for though.
One thing though - getting hold of a tz3 is a mission, as most places are sold out.

D

dick

the OIS helps a lot. not suprised to tz3 sold out, look pretty gud.

Panasonic TZ3 or LX2 imo, Panasonic are going really well in the camera market at the moment (try finding a TZ3 at the moment!), can't really go wrong with them.

That's just cos of the advertising I expect lol. Is the quality any better than the Fuji?

Is 10x zoom worth having?

D

dick

maybe partly the advertising, but i was going to get one before the advrets came out anyway, decided that the fz50 be btr for me as i want the manual focus rings.

yes, i think it is with motor racing rules how they are nowadays ccant get witjhing half a mile of the track, deffo worth having.

New Ricoh R6 has been getting very good reviews and has 7.1x optical zoom

I am just looking at this camera! Seems perfect for what I want, though I don't think that there's any option to manually adjust the exposure or apeture, but the only reason I want to adjust them is to get car lights to blur lol.