ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need better exhaust hangers!!!!!!

clio 172 cup
3 weeks ago I decided to treat my clio 172 cup to a new full through custom stainless Steel exhaust which cost me 550quid! So I decided to do the wise thing and replace both center and rear exhaust hangers.

Low and behold today I find they are perished ALREADY! so my new exhaust is rattling not happy!

WHY DO RENAULT MAKE SUCH SHIITE PARTS!

I'm sure a lot of you have had the same issue so my question is does anyone no where I cam buy stronger and more reliable hangers from?
Please help!

big boost cup
I tried bits of pipe wedged between the holes of the mount. That sort of worked so i then filled the whole thing in an acrylic glue and it hasnt moved since

MK3 GTI golf 16v
can you not buy uprated ones ? the magnex exhaust i used to have had solid mounts and just a tiny rubber thing that allowed movement where it attached to the exhaust instead of the hanger

GSXR + KDX220
You can get some oval shaped rubber ones from most exhaust places that have several holes in which are a lot more solid and fit lovely into the standard rear mount, my mate fitted one to mine today. will get pics and rough dimensions soon. Can only be a few quid to buy too I imagine.

Megane 225 F1
When I had the prima racing ones, it made my exhaust sit too high and it meant the exhaust was knocking when going over bumps.

Replaced with my old mangled exhaust mount with a 13mm socket cable tied in to keep it upright and it's spot on.

GSXR + KDX220
A pic of my modified rear hanger :)

IMAG0366.jpg

GSXR + KDX220
Depending on which backbox you have (the weight) will determine how long it lasts. It doesnt "break" as such, but after a few days/weeks it will sag at offer no real support to the box.