ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need New Pads+Polish. What Get?

Not a 320d
What should I buy, except for a vocabulary?

All these numbers and s**t make my head hurt and If I owned a rotary Id still be getting P1 with LC CP pads.

Now I have that Flex DA thing.

Ill get:

Chemical Guys Hex Green.

- I want to get a white too, but Having owned Green hex before I think that provides a good level of cut and finish in one (Used with Menz Power Finish). I'm worried the white literally wont cut it on BMW Black.

Menzerna Polish.

- Which one. They all have these complex names now. Im removing dead clear, small swirl marks here and there and last years CQUK coating. Whats the equivilent of Power finish these days and will that be a good choice for my needs?

Thanks in advance.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I don't know much about the flex, is it still the same random orbit as a normal DA?

I'd be tempted with green and white, as I had some good finishes with white. How hard is your paint as my friends black E92 330d doesn't seem that hard

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I love sonax perfect finish on a green hex and maybe and orange with same polish first but it's a VERY easy polish and looks amazing....

Not a 320d
I don't know much about the flex, is it still the same random orbit as a normal DA?

I'd be tempted with green and white, as I had some good finishes with white. How hard is your paint as my friends black E92 330d doesn't seem that hard

Its like a DA with a shitload of torque. Always wanted one but they have a heft price tag so never got one when I was a student. Its fairly hard but I hammered the paint with wool last year as there were so many RDS it was the only way to do it.

I love sonax perfect finish on a green hex and maybe and orange with same polish first but it's a VERY easy polish and looks amazing....

Never tried Sonax PF mate. I do want a decent level of cut at the same time too so a finishing polish is out the question.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Trust me on this look at some reviews, even on the green it's taken scratches and holograms off of my amg and the misses clc and merc paint is HARD

Not a 320d
So which backing plate do I need?

I want to run Hex pads really. I know them well enough to decide on which ones to buy.

Looks to be two backing plates for the Flex VRG. The standard 5.5 inch and another one, a 4.5 inch.