ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some advice, help please!!

I went to my nans to day and what did i see a valver for sale. Only £1450 so i was very interested even thought i didnt want one till march at that price it would be stupid to miss. So i start looking at it and the bloke comes out gives me the info, right here it is tell me what u guys think and if it is worth buying:-

J reg
3 owners from new
Current one is the blokes wife who only uses it on the weekends, only done 10k in 3 years
87k on the clock full service history
Cambelt done at 76k
Clean interior no rips or burns
Pretty good bodywork apart from the drivers side rear arch which has some bad bubble rust and a little on the passenger side

What would i be lookin at to fix the rust on the arches any ideas?

So what do u rekon any good? advice and comments appreciated, will be goign to see it 2moro or monday so replys would be nice cheers lads.

Punto/Clio GTT

depends where you take it for the rust. take it to a big company and they wont touch it.. theyll say it needs new rear quarters. take it to a smaller place and say you want some plates welded in and ide say your lookin at 400 pound for both sides all in.

as for the car. j plate is very very old, but 87k is also very low lol, price seems fair.

FM

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Sounds pretty decent especially for a J.

I got arch rust and dents on both sides done and sprayed for £160 at my local back street spray shop.

It had a dent along the suage (*sp) line on both rear quarters and arch rust too.

They pulled out the dents, removed rust, primed and sprayed. No welding involved as far as I know.

Punto/Clio GTT

youll see the rust come back through in a few months.. if not your very lucky but it will come back!

really cant see how they made profit from 160 notes?

It was on my old RT. I had it a further year without any suggestion of reoccurence of rust.

£160 was for cash in hand jobby (ie no vat). Theyre a very busy spray shop. Top quality work too.