ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Never again..

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
..will I buy a black car. Such an annoying colour. Looks so good at a distance when clean, yet upon closer inspection shows EVERY single defect in your paintwork.

What colours do you find annoying to keep clean and tidy.

Bring on RB or LY imo.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Black looks nice when pc'd, my old ctr before pc'ing:eek:

calipers021.jpg

calipers022.jpg

After my pc'ing action:cool:

calipers023.jpg

calipers056.jpg

calipers068.jpg

You need to get a pc imo;)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with black being annoying but imo also one of the best looking if the effort is put in when cleaning
not going for another black one for while though !

182 FF Inferno
..will I buy a black car. Such an annoying colour. Looks so good at a distance when clean, yet upon closer inspection shows EVERY single defect in your paintwork.

Bring on RB or LY imo.

Would imagine LY would be tricky too. Silvers generally the easiest colour to mantain but it never really looks that shiny unless you spend hours buffing it up.

I'm quite happy with Inferno. Far easier to keep looking good then my previous candy white Golf (and the black Saxo before that).

TrackCar & F30 330d
My old man owns a Black Focus ST and it looks mint when clean but just drive it to Tescos and back back and it shows dust and looks rubbish. So i agree with you

I nearly bought a black 182 but remembered that their so hard to keep looking clean. So ended up getting a Silver one :)

B

Bucko

Couldn't agree more, i'll never go black again. My old Zetec-S was a fricking nightmare! Especially when you live in Devon where there's hedges everywhere just waiting to give you car 'go-faster scratches' down the nearside!

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
I have to agree, this is the first black car I have owned and you really have to keep on top of things to keep it looking its best, and the effects don't last as long especially if the weathers poor :(
Looks stunning once its done though but I don't think I'll get another unless its matt black lol

Golf
A agree black looks great when clean but shows up every bit of dust and small marks to the paint work, dont think al be buying another black car in a hurry

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Silver is by far the easiest colour to maintain, but never looks super clean/glossy. The reason i fecked off my BG 182 was the colour....... As said, when PC'd it was minter than mint, but you can't just wash and go ;) It turns into a mini detail every time. No matter how careful you are, it always marrs :( Blue is a good colour, Mondial and Albi look clean after a wash, with minimal effort needed :)

Monaco RS Clio 172
strange. I tend to think my monaco shows all the dust and in direct sunlight, is less than pleasing to my eyes.

everybody tells me it's just me.

swear it is causing ocd owning the damn thing lol

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
lol atleast theres one thing about owning a black car. itl make you look after it by washing it all the time.

Even white cars look awesome if you put in an effort, if you see a gleaming white car you know its had lots of time spent on it and is well looked after. but when its dirty, it just looks tatty

RB R27
My first car was black, and when I went to trade it in I never knew how many scratches and dents there were in the car. The guys wasn't impressed. Its not my fault people just open their doors into my wee car lol

ST
If you look after i and wash it at least once a week in winter, plenty of polish and wax will keep it looking tip top but you need to be a special type of person with loads of tolerance and patience to get it looking its best IMO.

My old 182..

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

WR1 impreza
I said EXACTLY the same when I first got my black dynamique+ but now im on my second BG 182 I just cant resist. Just looks ace clean or dirty for me

Shed.

Bring on RB or LY imo.

not if you keep it miantained it doesnt :eek:

But your right. Think red the next colour for me.

200 Gordini
Its enjoyable keeping the pearl black mint, i don't moan because the results are spot on.
Saying that I think i'd go for a different colour for my next clio but if theres a BG going at the time i'm buying and i don't think i could resist.