ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new 182 owner !!

S

Ste King 182

hi to all, ive just got my self a rs182 so thought ide join this site as ive hurd all good comments from my friends. im interested in north east meets etc and hope to see some of u at FCS in 2011 !! ( unsure how to post pics up as im all new to this ).

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Ste King 182

Do i just put the link in to the photobucket page with my pics on or can i some how get them on here ?

S

Ste King 182

DSC00764.jpg

S

Ste King 182

thanks for advice !!! there are my first few photos /\ /\ /\ .

Silver 182
Haha you got the decals exactly at the same spot as me :)) Thought it was pictures of my clio for a moment than i realised my alloys are of slightly darker colour and you live up north :p

Welcome to the forum

S

Ste King 182

Yeh got a few plans, ive carbon wrapped the front and back badges today ( i will post pics up soon ) and my future plans are along the lines of ;

- cat back ss exhaust system
- new alloys ?? if so what alloys u think?
- coilovers
- smooth front bumper where number plate is and move plate to dash board :rasp:

any other ideas would be great !

Silver 182
I personally think that those are one of the best looking standard alloys i have ever seen. At night mine look 1each bigger for sure.

About the plate.. good idea. Although i would rather move the plate lower like on a lotus

http://www.puresportscar.com/gallery/data/519/2exige-s2-front.jpg

p.s cat back system is a must really... that exhaust system will fall apart quickly.. i wasted money on it already.. and regret it cos its falling apart again, as soon as i have some money i am gonna get myself H&S custom system... but most would recommend yozzas and earplugs :)

Any questions, search is your friend trust!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
DONT smooth the front plate fit a 3/4 plt in recess :approve:

Nice car mate would keep the wheels too TBH look good on std rims with coilovers !

S

Ste King 182

cheers, i wernt a big fan of the shiny badges so it had to go carbon lol, got a lot of it left and wondering wat elce to do exhaust surrounds, black bit on rear bumper, silver trim on dash? dont want it to be ott though.

Silver 182
another imo on shiny crap... silver trim on dash lights up a bit the interior in a silver clio... haha

Dont listen to me bud.. i just like the car the way it looks. Apart from the badges at the back which i will take off and try new style badges. Or leave it debadged all together.

Just seen that Sport sign on a punto the other day.. pissed me right off

S

Ste King 182

lolol i know yeh its like hmm.... btw ide watch cuz ive just de badged mine and the renault sport comes off fine but the clio badge is bolted thru ya boot lid with 2 bolt things n last time i did that with me old car i ended up with 2 holes in me boot lid . not a good look.

S

Ste King 182

nah never dun it watch a thing on you tube on how to do it and thn did it lol turned out better than i thought.

Silver surfer
Nice looking motor mate, tidy. Was thinking of taking the same approach with my diamonds. Oh, and +1 to davo's comment on the plate, 3/4 all the way!

S

Ste King 182

cheers, yeh carbon wrapin the diamonds is quite easy to b honest n i think looks alot better. where could i find a 3/4 plate from?

Silver 182
lolol i know yeh its like hmm.... btw ide watch cuz ive just de badged mine and the renault sport comes off fine but the clio badge is bolted thru ya boot lid with 2 bolt things n last time i did that with me old car i ended up with 2 holes in me boot lid . not a good look.

Hmm what about sticking a new style badge over the holes? Or it wont fit? say badge from 197?