ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 Cup pics

B

Brown.

Giving a car a name like 'cup' is an excuse to make the interior plastics with the lowest quality grades/ finishes available.

Clio 197
Really dissapointed they didnt sort that interior out any nicer. I mean would it have changed the weight by having that centre console similar to the 197 and R27's being silver, would it have made a difference havin the wing mirrors sprayed and the side strips as well. I think this is just a money making one, recaros arent standard so why pay more for less when it is no faster than mine or the R27 and also the fact that you will be able to buy the cup suspension.

Really nice in white but would prefer a normal one in white, really gutted they didnt offer it when i got mine. Looks nice.

GTI6 but 197 Cup soon
Hi, I've joined as I've nearly convinced myself to buy a 197 Cup.

I've had a GTI6 for 6 years and some friends have Clio Sport 172 and 182's so I know how good they are.

I've driven an R27 and it was the first car that was better in every single way than the GTI6. The brakes, grip, chuckability of it.

Interesting to read the debate about R27 v Cup v 197+Cup packs. I'm having the very same dilema at the moment...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
For me - it would be 197 FF + Cup Packs :) I can see why people like the cup though, and £13k for a brand new 197bhp hot hatch, is bloody tempting.

Dan

GTI6 but 197 Cup soon
Can any of you help with these questions?

Do all 197's have the Brembo 4 pots?
The Cup Chassis is a £400 option on the std 197, is it available to fit to a 2nd hand 197 and how much would it be?
The cheapest that I can find the basic models advertised is £12,495 for the Cup, £13,095 for the 197 and £14,145 for the F1. If the F1 is still available at this price it seems a bargain. Are there any F1 models that will have the revised 5th and 6th gear ratios?
I am very close to ordering a White 197 Cup, does anyone have photos of the Cup in Silver or Blue?

clio 172 cup
lard ass car nd wouldnt pay wateva they r asking for these brand new, take out the seats nd that interior looks worse than mine i think

Lee

BMW M2C
They all have the 4 pots.
The Cup chassic can't be fitted to a second hand 197 but I suppose you could do it yourself if you really wanted it.
Those prices sound about right. Add a few options and the price soon goes up, although I didn't pay a lot more than that for the Cup with Recaros, A/C and white paint. The R27 is no longer available to order new, but there are still a few at dealers, some pre reg some not registered. The later F1s do have the revised gear ratios.

There's blue one in here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=287287

Coatsey, believe me, it's far better than the Mk2 interior. It's the same as the rest of the Clio 3 range only with less painted bits. The only major difference over the 197 is the dash isn't soft touch!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I'd go for the same as ralph.I like my toys and theres no way im going to love that cheap interior for the sake of 20kg

GTI6 but 197 Cup soon
For me it's a bonus it has any interior at all!

The radio and speakers will be boxed up and put in the loft!

Dirty E91
I like it! Would probably go for an R27 as I like my toys (a\c, keyless start\entry), thought it would feel slower than my 182 but it certainly didn't feel it.

Lee

BMW M2C
I originally agreed a trade in, then someone approached me about buying the Trophy. He still really wants it but needs to shift his car first. He's been messed around by two people already.

If it's not sorted by the early Feb I'll put the Trophy up for sale. If it doesn't sell I'll resort back to the rather piss poor trade in.

M135i
hope you get it sold for a decent price rather than trading it in mate. good luck with it all. not too long now!

Lee

BMW M2C
hope you get it sold for a decent price rather than trading it in mate. good luck with it all. not too long now!

Cheers mate. I'm looking forward to seeing yours at some point. :D

The p/x is low, and to be honest so is the price I'm selling it for but it's more than the trade in. The way things are going I'll be advertising it at the end of next week.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Im loving driving the Cup!

50 Gallons of fuel under its belt and going strong..

If you take the parcel shelf out (as per EVO's Harry Metcalf suggestion) it sounds even better too...:)

As for the interior, the door handles are in a better place than the FF and the dash looks almost identical.

Unless you drive along 'feeling' the soft touch dash it ain't that different!

Only frustration over the R27 is the lack of Reach adjustment and no Xenons but thats it....

heres to the next 50 gallons

200 cup (van blanc)
sounds like you are enjoying your cup as much as i am done 1200m and loving it!

positive reviews in top gear mag and autocar make it even better!