ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new and need help

mc2

fiesta st
i belong to fiestastoc.com at the moment as i own a fiesta st but thinking bout buying a 172 and want to know if there is anything in particular that i should look out for being with problems.

thanks

I'm after a guide to. Have done a search and seen a link but you have to be a cliosport member to access that forum.
Now I appreciate this is of benefit to members so why should it be in the free domain - BUT without that guide many people may buy a bad car or decide not to buy as they aren't sure what to look for as they do not have access to check it out properly. :dapprove:

Could it not be available to members from a particular length/ time or number of posts? I'm looking to possibly upgrade from the 1.8 16v to a 172/182 but after a good guide first before commiting any money. :(

I'm sure you can see I'm not a newb and the reason I haven't contributed cash is because I have my own website to run which takes priority - plus the 16v seems to have been moved on from here since the new batch from 2000 onwards - not much info on these (plus the two older clio specific sites) but would prob be back on here more if the 172/182 came off. Without a buyers guide for things to look out for then it might not happen, so the site would lose a contributer anyway.

A Flamin' Red one
I'm after a guide to. Have done a search and seen a link but you have to be a cliosport member to access that forum.
Now I appreciate this is of benefit to members so why should it be in the free domain - BUT without that guide many people may buy a bad car or decide not to buy as they aren't sure what to look for as they do not have access to check it out properly. :dapprove:

Could it not be available to members from a particular length/ time or number of posts? I'm looking to possibly upgrade from the 1.8 16v to a 172/182 but after a good guide first before commiting any money. :(

I'm sure you can see I'm not a newb and the reason I haven't contributed cash is because I have my own website to run which takes priority - plus the 16v seems to have been moved on from here since the new batch from 2000 onwards - not much info on these (plus the two older clio specific sites) but would prob be back on here more if the 172/182 came off. Without a buyers guide for things to look out for then it might not happen, so the site would lose a contributer anyway.

Are you seriously telling me that you can't afford £5 because you run a website? You run a Valver and are considering buying a 1*2... These cost lots of £5's. Poor excuse there matey.

Get yourself invloved.

While I think about it, what's to stop you searching for reviews on google outside of this forum?

It's not just the website though it's all the other car club fees etc..all add up. I'm also saying that there's not much on the 16v here anymore so that's why I/we don't get on this site much but still not a newb and have contributed in the past with help for others.
The car is the missus's but I spend more time on the net than she does so trying to help her, not being selfish.

She's also looking at the Lupo GTI and Swift GTI - shall we spend money on each of their sites aswell for some helpfull guidance? :eek:

I've done google searches btw - but they're just general guides like checking the tyres, servicing, etc. I'm after specific items to check that should be fitted or areas of concern that need properly looking at BEFORE buying a car. :rasp:

Titanium 182
I must kind of agree the buyers guide should be made avalible to forum members as well as paying members...

What if you sign up to get the guide decide the cars not for you after looking at the guide ? then you have a years forum access that you don't want/need.